911 R market watch

In ten year's time, will Singers be the next slant nose/RS rep/backdate/forward date/yesterday's fashion etc etc sitting on ebay for pennies on the dollar? 

Too early to call at this point - but history so far shows only unmodified classics (or period race cars) as having any longevity in the market.

rumour has it collectors with money to burn are snapping up fezzas and lambos :ph34r:

rumour has it collectors with money to burn are snapping up fezzas and lambos :ph34r:

Why? Yields on equities have been low recently-ish and same for money on bank so alt asset classes like classic cars, wine and art have prospered. I get there are only so many made but I reckon it's cyclical. They can't generate income (like an investment in a business), only costs, so the investment relies on the capital gain which is a bet on prices going up. Prices going up is a factor of ??? supply and demand, or hype?? Be interesting to see how it all ends.

Why? Yields on equities have been low recently-ish and same for money on bank so alt asset classes like classic cars, wine and art have prospered. I get there are only so many made but I reckon it's cyclical. They can't generate income (like an investment in a business), only costs, so the investment relies on the capital gain which is a bet on prices going up. Prices going up is a factor of ??? supply and demand, or hype?? Be interesting to see how it all ends.

I might have been havin a dig at Mr @obrut ;) 

Mate they have already well gone off.. classic Maserati maybe , 71 Aston only 45 cars that year ;) Scarcity is never an absolute discussion gang.

The question how many is a few, how many is too many ..   1200 cars every six months of an other variant is that special

RRRRRRRRRR, RS , RRS , or are they just making us look like ARS'es

Edited by symsy

1200 cars every six months of an other variant is that special

RRRRRRRRRR, RS , RRS , or are they just making us look like ARS'es

The sole directive of the marketing dept is to whip potential victims customers into a feeding frenzy.
Once you can resist marketers and trends, you realise that fashion goes out of style - but style never goes out of fashion.

And that is a comfortable place to be ;)

The sole directive of the marketing dept is to whip potential victims customers into a feeding frenzy.
Once you can resist marketers and trends, you realise that fashion goes out of style - but style never goes out of fashion.

And that is a comfortable place to be ;)

That used to be the key focus of the tech companies I worked for ..make you think your behind the times..missing out

Markitechture and Mythodology fixes everything.. just take a look at Ducati .. they have done this magnificently ..   we used to chase the Senna, Bayliss, Corser and the SPS models .. now there are so many the hype has almost taken the special feel away from the bikes. Do they care NO .. did they sell shit loads YES.. have they retained the depth of a brand or sub-brand  NO… the reputation of the Iconic oooooh feeling .. Nah.. they screwed it .. as Porsche will.

EGO centric games - maybe Porsche enthusiasts should be urged to read the book No Logo Naomi Klein

Maybe there is a Magnus RSe hanging out your jeans version on the way 

A mate has a 911R. I have been in it, what a car!!

He has been offered $1m for it cash and he said no.

He has a HUGE collection of Porsches and Ferraris and has waited for Porsche to make a modern lightweight for ages.

Porsche Carlton rang him and said your GT4 has arrived and he told them keep it and give me a 911R.

He got number 4 in Vic.

As I said what a car. He has not let me drive it yet!! Still waiting.

He had a cancer scare so he drives it all the time. He said life is too short.