911 R market watch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, turboT said:

Saw an 'R' actually being driven the other day through Sydney's Eastern distributor. Have to say they look a lot better on the road than they do sitting in garages ;) 

You should go for a ride in one. I can say without question they're rather good! 

22 minutes ago, turboT said:

Saw an 'R' actually being driven the other day through Sydney's Eastern distributor. Have to say they look a lot better on the road than they do sitting in garages ;) 

2 for sale in Melbourne @ $650,000 +ORC with next to no ks on them... so sad

3 hours ago, turboT said:

I saw one (possibly the same car? White, red go-fast stripes) cruising down Pitt St a couple weeks back as well. So good to see on the road!

Surely the days of 911R cracy prices are long gone.  I could buy this with $400k leftover to cover some green stripes and houndstooth trim......or not 🤔

Or buy a pair of these  with change.

nuts 

o2fzjaf6mg2ukb75ohury4nt9.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Manual MY18

• 28 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

Private

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Manual-MY18/SSE-AD-5591209

17 minutes ago, DJM said:

Surely the days of 911R cracy prices are long gone.  I could buy this with $400k leftover to cover some green stripes and houndstooth trim......or not 🤔

Or buy a pair of these  with change.

nuts 

o2fzjaf6mg2ukb75ohury4nt9.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

2018 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Manual MY18

• 28 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

Private

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Manual-MY18/SSE-AD-5591209

Rather than the 911 R, for the same price I would prefer that 991 GT3T, a Cayman R and a 991 Carrera T 

Yes some thing close to those numbers I actually have the data home eg numbers and colour combo ..one did change hands here for a little over a million at the height of the frenzy that surrounded them at the time of all the hype 

cleaver marketing by Porsche at that time 

I’m thinking there were 26. Someone did an overview of the order colours etc earlier in this thread. I see the PTS ivory one regularly at coffee events around Syd. Mate has one of the white/red that has done limited driving time, mostly sits on the trickle charger in his shed 🙄 but he did throw it around the farm one day which was a bit of fun. His current view is more about rarity and a manual than extracting a premium, as it’s not being sold in the short term.

I thought it was 32, with one of the cars stuck in a container the day it was delivered and sent to the UK. There was a sort of info graphic on the forum with the colour combos of each of the cars too.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Yes some thing close to those numbers I actually have the data home eg numbers and colour combo ..one did change hands here for a little over a million at the height of the frenzy that surrounded them at the time of all the hype 

cleaver marketing by Porsche at that time 

Asset boom and people not thinking that Porsche was going to milk it for all it was worth. In a way we have Dieselgate to thank for the touring model. Gotta keep those huge GT car profits rolling to pay the fines.

They'll always be worth more however (the R), simply because they were very limited.

I agree Hugh you only have to look at how long some of them have been on the market for ..

Found this in my Porsche files ,,,not sure how accurate it is but is does give some indication of Numbers and colour combinations that came down under ...

16789582-1859021141042697-68893807955306

Image of the Mexican Blue car ,,,,Sydney Classic throttle shop had for sale at one stage ..

7porsche911rmexico.jpg

26porsche911rmexico.jpg

3porsche911rmexico.jpg