WOW that's really shit work mate! So sorry you had to go through that B.S. It makes a lot of people sit up and take extra care to ensure they're getting exactly what they're supposed to get, not what they have to pay for! 

Thanks @turboT ,I'll need a runabout if I'm ever in Sydney ?

Truly like no one else. The costs snowballed to almost twice the initial quote, but I suppose $25k would be considered a decent price for a body restoration. Great speed once the payments had gone through, from it taking months, I got really rushed to pick it up after he’d finished it ‘as best as he could’. I think the pics speak for themselves. I’ve since taken the matter to court, we settled and the car is now at another shop having the work redone. Will post up more body pics soon.

wow, that is just shit. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, they did a car for me many years back, it was top notch.... your job looks as bad bad as the proverbial "Mexican respray" you get in the states. 

Hope it gets sorted out for you at the new shop! ?

The new shop looking after my car has finished off the tinware for the engine bay and  although slightly bias, I am happy with the result:
Before - 
2s6syro.jpg
Stripped down - 
2h7nxuh.jpg
Repaired and primed - 
2eg4g40.jpg
2dulfk9.jpg
i6h081.jpg
vxoqci.jpg
Painted - 
ev3s6a.jpg
an0ahh.jpg
2qcp9qu.jpg
2mouxqu.jpg

23rlk4n.jpg
2jd0rpf.jpg

That door jamb tag is just horrendous.  How could anyone even think that was a job you would want.

Reminds me of a holiday apartment I once stayed in where it was freshly painted. However, they didn't even move the telephone cord which was dangling down - they painted around it. 

That door jamb tag is just horrendous.  How could anyone even think that was a job you would want.

Reminds me of a holiday apartment I once stayed in where it was freshly painted. However, they didn't even move the telephone cord which was dangling down - they painted around it. 

you still trying to rent that place Chris?

Oh dear. Sorry you got stitched up.

Ditto.  That's fucked up.  How anyone could take work on like that thinking it would end well or be worth it is beyond logic.  What a pity, but it sounds like you've moved on (you're a bigger man than me) so look forward to positive updates going forward.

Ditto.  That's fucked up.  How anyone could take work on like that thinking it would end well or be worth it is beyond logic.  What a pity, but it sounds like you've moved on (you're a bigger man than me) so look forward to positive updates going forward.

There are two choices: get bitter or better. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person or allow it to tear you down. I'm choosing the better option (pun intended). I'll be sure to post more progress snaps soon ✌?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The inside should've been done by the last repairer, thankfully we're on track to having the inside just as good as the out.
33vg7m1.jpg
All the tar stripped away from the inside!
r9mnuu.jpg
Surface rust taken off, metal treated, etch primed and painted! Voila! 
2hq5t1u.jpg
I'll be laying Dynamat insulation underneath the carpet to damp vibrations, stop noise and block heat. More pics to come!

Looking good mate, I remember the car had two after market gauges to the right of the steering. Are you keeping them?

Thanks Lee, I have already purchased enough Dynamat to do inside. I did consider other brands and products but figured I've gone this far using all the best stuff, no point skimping now! Rafik, there's only one aftermarket gauge and I'm pretty sure i'll get rid of it. You want it?

The inside should've been done by the last repairer, thankfully we're on track to having the inside just as good as the out.
33vg7m1.jpg
All the tar stripped away from the inside!
r9mnuu.jpg
Surface rust taken off, metal treated, etch primed and painted! Voila! 
2hq5t1u.jpg
I'll be laying Dynamat insulation underneath the carpet to damp vibrations, stop noise and block heat. More pics to come!

I miss this car (looking good mate)

• 2 months later...

I realised it had been a little while since I posted an update. I'm really happy with the way the paintwork turned out.
ibe90k.jpg
Motor is stripped down and being put back together with all new parts (barrels and pistons complete with rings and machined heads) by Mike at CBB. I know Gentlemen Driver Parts were doing new cylinder heads but I held as long as I could and they still aren't available.
2gsriic.jpg
k2nwk8.jpg
Simon from Zap Bits auto electrical has done an amazing job on removing all of the old wiring (every single wire has been removed) and replacing it with a complete kit from Kroon Wire Harnesses (WORTH EVERY CENT!)
OLD WIRING:
2yvvxcl.jpg
New Kroon Harness:
2cqnrqv.jpg
2s8plcp.jpg
2iasas4.jpg
2itonqx.jpg
I'm also in the process of having my gauges rebuilt by Matthew from Advanced Automotive Instrument Co! He's also been great to deal, extremely helpful and meticulous. 
2zqat0l.jpg
vg69aq.jpg
14nju6v.jpg

Archived