My New GT3.2..still waiting

Any PFA readers confirmed for a .2 ?   No build date for me as yet, but given Ive ticked manual box, only pdk cars so far.    If PTS doest come through I'm going with this new chalk colour. Seems to be quite a bit of polarised opinion on it.  Love it or hate it, link changed my mind on it.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be nice to see in the daylight but as an advocate of the GP white on my old girl  ..  I believe for years to come it will look classy.   I think,  a matt sheen on the wheels, gun metal grey may be nice ? I would like to see some of the front mesh maybe just the centre panel , changed in colour too - white again perhaps..

Regardless , looks great.. no option to have a yellow cage to match the PCCB ;)

I quite like the chocolate bolsters and the hounds tooth in the R, maybe a variation..or demand is in order, do they allow such things?

Congrats on the order.

I find it unbelievable how hard it is to buy a new GT3 unless you know the secret handshake. Even the people I know (whom know the secret handshake) are being mucked around re: allocations. WTF?

I guess it is one way to move the high number of 991.1 GT3's that have been sitting on the market though that you can "driveway" now. 

Even the people I know (whom know the secret handshake) are being mucked around re: allocations. WTF?

Man I tried em all .. 

Even this one .. For the big White boy shakedown

And these more multicultural moves

Maybe a Melbourne PFA one would work??

Will be interesting to see how many the produce, its a demand/supply thing and will say to date our dealer has played it fair (although a little questionable around the R) as in first in first dressed, but unfortunately its first in before even the model is out, a deposit lodged on a "maybe" as was the case for me.  Remember we couldn't get a GT4 for love nor money either not that long ago.

I've got no dates either. Spoke to my dealer on Wednesday, apparently they have no news on manual cars from Porsche and no one in the manual queue has been allocated a car yet.

I'm first manual through my dealer and 7th overall, originally 9th. Supposedly bugger all people are ticking the manual box.

If you go chalk get black wheels. You're going to need the contrast. I really don't care about resale so it's Racing Yellow or Miami for me.

Same here, so adding up.  Not sure which manual but was 5 or 8th etc here.  Ive requested a PTS but given wasn't PDK missed out on the first PTS lot (heard 5 of them) for Australia. Default is chalk with the black wheels and accents.   Whats your thoughts on the black door handles ?  :) .    Also see we don't get the carbon mirror cap option that some of the other countries can option. 

Miami should look great with all the black. You going silver or red inside ? 

Same here, so adding up.  Not sure which manual but was 5 or 8th etc here.  Ive requested a PTS but given wasn't PDK missed out on the first PTS lot (heard 5 of them) for Australia. Default is chalk with the black wheels and accents.   Whats your thoughts on the black door handles ?  :) .    Also see we don't get the carbon mirror cap option that some of the other countries can option. 

Miami should look great with all the black. You going silver or red inside ? 

If I were going chalk I'd do black handles, but it is polarising, you either like it or hate it. There was a photo going around of a Miami car with the black handles, and it looks good. I reckon the sport design mirrors only work on the darker colours.

Originally I was going red, but now I'm thinking silver. You?

Options are so pricey it's ridiculous though, I'm also considering going a stripped down build. I'm at $38k in options and that's compromising on a fair bit.

What colour if you get PTS?

Have been chasing Irish green as a PTS.  Agree on options at ridiculous prices, although gets to a point, you end up ticking boxes because you've spent that much whats another "$x"..  Ive ticked full buckets and PCCB, so value has lost it meaning on this one.  Spec if the lottery works out : Irish, PCCB, black matte wheels, silver trim interior.  Further pondering is:  door handles or not,  what colour seat belt (yellow or silver), club package or not and if go with aftermarket side strips,  then if carbon trim or the black anthracite trim.

If chalk then tempted to go with red trim and would consider the black wheel with red ring etc..  then start over again with what options.

I think Miami with silver, definitely safer bet. 

PS whoever worked out a that an options configerator was the way to keep grown men entertained on the "internet" late at night ..needs a pay rise ! :)   Fun but you have to wonder sometimes how you succumbed to the marketing magic.

Crayon is also my pick of the "standard" colours- can appear quite washed out in photos but when contrasted against white, the grey tone is quite obvious.  Paired with dark wheels (black or platinum) and PCCB it looks the ducks nuts IMHO.

29r1703.jpg?itok=__wadgRg

80-c7nmwj_xqamlqo7_203e417b3bbbe0b144fae

80-img_1194_e7e98852737d2a311d4a8d84a6b7

80-img_7900_6b391bd43f3f1543288ab81b8bd0

2018-Porsche-911-GT3-front-view-in-motio

stuttcars-991-gt3-4.0-walliser-copyright

Porsche-911-GT3-991-2-Saugmotor-Sechszyl

19535411_1431468753602080_92007360645562

porsche-991-gt3-mkii-c150704072017235951

19932195_1347616128686451_16653933301685

19623507_319759148466061_914126657298628

80-img_3035_d3a34ee5f27886b3e8112ce381cb

Miami Blue also looks gorgeous in photos.  But when checking out the sample in person it looked a lot different.  I'd suggest checking it out to be sure that what one wants.  Seems like cameras struggle with the green tinge in it.  This guy summed up the issue pretty well... 

Yeah I'm well aware of the green undertones. Went and saw a Miami GTS a few weeks ago and was happy with it. The above picture is pretty close to how it looks in real life, at least on a desktop (miles off on my phone). It looks different again in direct sunlight, like a muted Riviera. I like it.

Anyone considering it though needs to see it before putting an order down to avoid disappointment - it really should have been called miami turquoise or something rather than blue, and the photos really don't help.

I've seen chalk in the flesh and its a hard pass for me, but it seems to be the one that the yanks have the biggest fat over. Everyone likes different things I guess.

Have been chasing Irish green as a PTS.  Agree on options at ridiculous prices, although gets to a point, you end up ticking boxes because you've spent that much whats another "$x"..  Ive ticked full buckets and PCCB, so value has lost it meaning on this one.  Spec if the lottery works out : Irish, PCCB, black matte wheels, silver trim interior.  Further pondering is:  door handles or not,  what colour seat belt (yellow or silver), club package or not and if go with aftermarket side strips,  then if carbon trim or the black anthracite trim.

If chalk then tempted to go with red trim and would consider the black wheel with red ring etc..  then start over again with what options.

I think Miami with silver, definitely safer bet. 

PS whoever worked out a that an options configerator was the way to keep grown men entertained on the "internet" late at night ..needs a pay rise ! :)   Fun but you have to wonder sometimes how you succumbed to the marketing magic.

Beautiful colour - I hope you get it.

Maybe wait for deviated stitching to become available - supposedly due around September. With Irish you could go a classy silver throughout, or mix it up with yellow. You'll already have the PCCBs to match it up.

Chalk (at least to my eyes) looks best with as much black contrast as possible. A touch of red will do wonders as well. There is a mock up in one of the threads over on rennlist... found it, requires CXX stickers but worth it (3rd image in the post):

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/979746-2-gt3-color-poll-36.html#post14265760

You'll have the next year or 2 to decide on a colour, that's if you actually get an allocation. :rolleyes:;)

By then the 992 will be out and the ordering process starts all over again :) 

They can't be too desperate to take ones money!!!

Yeah I'm well aware of the green undertones. Went and saw a Miami GTS a few weeks ago and was happy with it.

envious. like blues so was hoping Miami would work for me too rather than join the queue for PTS Mexico/Riviera. Sapphire is nice but GT3 can handle something a little more ... mmm... special. 

I actually like the lighter green / turquoise of Miami blue. Saw a C4 in it with the new black 5 spoke wheels.  Looked very nice. 

Thanks Vin for the pics.. more grey then cream ?    In some light looks cream.

"If" PTS success, another decision will be black or silver wheels.  Search irish green 911R or #irishgreenR  ..Just for the fun of it Im getting a MTB bike painted in pTS irish green and with signal yellow.  So if I miss out Ill just ride my bike instead :) 

Glad I'm happy with a few of the standard colours. If I got PTS I'd go Signal Yellow or Oslo Blue. Porsche has some fantastic PTS approved blues, it definitely would be hard to say no to Mexico when faced with the choice of blues though.

dont tick too many options boys - You might find yourselves in 'R' territory - now discounted to $699k

RRRRRRR….Handshake of the century .. oh shit wheres my watch , I thought I had a Mil in my hand . I guess you have to remember water does dilute things..

dont tick too many options boys - You might find yourselves in 'R' territory - now discounted to $699k

...One way to justify the premium I suppose!  But for me Im optioning because its going to be driven and manicured regurlary, but tracked and owned for next 3-5 years. (yes shock horror I'm going to track a manual, as I said track not race and I'm looking forward to trying to create that personal PB lap. (I've a 1.37 at Phillip Is (pdk) I'm trying replicate)... AND black door handles the correct colour stiching as we all know make it go faster :) :) 

Thanks Vin for the pics.. more grey then cream ?    In some light looks cream.

yep... some pics look cream but based on the paint sample, the colour definitely looks more grey. A bit like Miami Blue- it's a colour that is hard to photograp so best to see a sample with one's own eyes :)

80-img_3035_d3a34ee5f27886b3e8112ce381cb

How's the PTS allocation going?

yep... some pics look cream but based on the paint sample, the colour definitely looks more grey. A bit like Miami Blue- it's a colour that is hard to photograp so best to see a sample with one's own eyes :)

How's the PTS allocation going?

Got excited by a "PTS maybe" which turned out to be only available for 4 or 5 PDK allocation cars... so back to waiting.  In meantime I see a storm going on over on rennlist about PTS being $13K US so assume that equates to $25K Aud ????  Now that will be interesting. Might be time to get serious about Chalk !! or GT silver which is a low cost option these days...

Also on other news,(by an Aus guy also) apparently our local dealers have been given the details yesterday on the GT3 Touring option (no wing, manual only, leather interior etc) . Anyone have any more detail ?

In the meantime, I painted my Epic XC race bike in Irish Green and Signal yellow (yes colour matched).. !  Was keen to see how the green looked but also building a retro style and chasing down a brown leather brooks seat from the UK and a few other bike bling for the project... Picked it up from paint guys today :)  (again would show a pic but cant due to being over 60kb... is this because not financial member ? or a technical thing i cant explain..?)

(again would show a pic but cant due to being over 60kb... is this because not financial member ? or a technical thing i cant explain..?)

No. You need to you a host site to upload the picture. Plenty of threads on this exact topic, here is at least 1; http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/10293-photo-hosting/#comment-192121

Thanks for that.. see if I can make it work.

Mmm tried for a bit, copied the URL via the insert other media button.  But doesnt seem to work. Oh well. Pictures weren't that exciting. :) 

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="37opyu7"><a href="//imgur.com/37opyu7">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></scrip

Archived