My New GT3.2..still waiting

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://imgur.com/37opyu7 

Sorry for this rubbish.  If I knew how to delete my post I would.  Not sure why I copied the original video you tube link in here and it showed up, but a picture one only shows the URL ? 

Anyway off topic.  Ill refrain from pics.

Here you go Oldmxnut B), are you using PC or Mac?

37opyu7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Back on topic, word around the place is the touring option for the GT3 will debut at Frankfurt in a few weeks.  Coincidentally a lovely red RS touring has popped up on car sales :) 

Internet bets on no rear wing, rear seat option, Alu trim, different interior etc.  

Same, no manual allocations as yet but interestingly the order split is over 75% manual was the feedback.  Quite a difference to the early PA news saying most will want PDK.  First cars in Aus in November but are all PDK.  A few are PTS apparently.  I hope they have a bank of transmissions ready to go as imagine when the touring package (guessing manual only?) is announced a few more are going to swap as well..

Yeah 5 PTS cars is what I heard. My dealer said initially it was about 60:40 in favour of the PDK, now everyone has jumped and its about 80:20 in favour of manual - at least at their dealership. The current thinking is we might hear something this coming month (Sept).

The touring model is interesting - if you had your name down for the RS, and could afford to keep both, I could see the benefit of having a touring GT3. I'll be sticking with the normal GT3 for the moment assuming I get a car!

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Manual Arrival

Today I have been given a November Build slot for February Delivery. I put my order in for a GT3 two years ago and I was told I was the first manual order to be confirmed with a Sydney Metro dealer.

So I assume the first Manuals we will see will be in February.

Too many options to choose from which has kept me indecisive,   so happy to now be locked in... I am  enjoying the reviews around the globe. It will be a low mileage traveler so Manual is the go to fun around town at low RPMS.  This thing in PDK  is meant to be a better car than the 991 RS. Now that is pretty special.

Will be interested to see how my 911.2 RS stacks up. Wont be keeping both though. 

After touring / not touring question
I have finally locked in my order
i love the wing !! It looks fat from behind 
Finally Locked in.
I have had a really tough few weeks in my Porsche out of this world life. Serious 1st world problems. I Know right, but it has been driving me nuts.
What CONFIG to ORDER>

I was really concerned about comfort vs Driving thrill vs $$$ versus resale value.

I came to the conclusion one which which most of you probably live by.... Just get what you want and be really happy.

So my option list went from $4000.00 to $10000.00 to $28000.00.
Though this car is in the spec is one I will be happy with. I could actually keep it for 40 years.
I now feel relived and once the money is gone I no longer thing about it. I think this car will be amazing and I will be really happy. Like pumped.

So Whats it got.

Manual 

GT3 
non metallic black
LWB`s
Silver Seat belt
Aluminum Inlays
Sports Chrono
Porsche emblem on Arm Rest
Leather interior package in black
Steering column Leather,
Smokers pack
Floor Mats
Satin Aluminum Wheels
Sun visors in Alcantara
Reverse Camera
P code
PJ11J165

Add the 911R decals to roof and sides in Agate grey and she is done.
I love this combo....
 Expensive list of stuff for sure though I'm happy 

Nice Build :)    What wheels did you go with on the not met black ?    Im supposed to be at the pointy end in the queue up here but with the delay with manual and my desire for PTS, been pushed way back.  Right at this moment contemplating if I give up on the PTS.  Just get a car in manual, wing or no wing and throw some personal preference touches at it and get driving.

For what is worth, I think the touring will hold its value a bit more when it comes to resale.  Just think a wingless 911 will appeal to a wider range of s/hand buyers in 3-5 years time.  That said, probably immaterial in the scheme of things anyways so not a big issue.  

I am getting satin aluminium wheel colour with silver dash and seat belts and seat stripe and leather stitching it should all look fairly good 

Very nice and Im very similar actually. So after the... wait for PTS maybe, don't wait, go with touring or not, I've got a few days to lock in the following:

Black Touring, Satin Aluminium wheels, Silver trim, black inserts, black stitch, leather dash, column and tunnel, vent slats painted, LWB, black PDLS with LED, PCCB's, silver belts.  No R stripes. Side decal possibly.

Thats if I don't change mind at last minute.

So as expected I changed my mind last minute. Im locked in now though after changing my mind  last night.  GT Silver, manual touring black, PCCB, Leather extended with red stitch. LWB and bunch of options that only a border line OCD like myself will appreciate. :)   Also going aftermarket seat leather change.  For anyone interested the code is PJXR4R31

Saw Chalk/crayon and just didn't grab me.    Was black per earlier posts up until last minute decided I couldn't get another black car.  

December build. feb/mar delivery. ,..  Ok might be getting a little excited now.  Been waiting a while for this one!!

So as expected I changed my mind last minute. Im locked in now though after changing my mind  last night.  GT Silver, manual touring black, PCCB, Leather extended with red stitch. LWB and bunch of options that only a border line OCD like myself will appreciate. :)   Also going aftermarket seat leather change.  For anyone interested the code is PJXR4R31

Saw Chalk/crayon and just didn't grab me.    Was black per earlier posts up until last minute decided I couldn't get another black car.  

December build. feb/mar delivery. ,..  Ok might be getting a little excited now.  Been waiting a while for this one!!

I looked up the code and your build looks amazing, I thought I went some options. 

Consider alcantara sun visors instead of leather as will match roof lining I think in touring.

Also consider the carbon dash inlays they are not in your face flashy carbon, there is a car at Willoughby with carbon which it a tight cross patten it is with the red leather stitching  and it looks low key and very very smart . 

You went for the key and mats, to save some money consider ordering from is it suncoast in the US way cheaper I think the carbon triangles are less as well. 

The guy silver with black and red wheels will look amazing.

PCCB's shame they are not red. 

I do get it though, the full leather does look slick. Not sure if you need the triangle carbon if the rest is leather.

the red dials give the interior it's jazz, and maybe it does not need the carbon inlays.

for your curiosity See if you can see the new carbon though looks pretty low key. 

car looks really good though 

congratulations !!!

I do get it though, the full leather does look slick. Not sure if you need the triangle carbon if the rest is leather.

the red dials give the interior it's jazz, and maybe it does not need the carbon inlays.

for your curiosity See if you can see the new carbon though looks pretty low key. 

car looks really good though 

congratulations !!!

Thanks for the suggestions. Was going to go with the carbon inlays as like them as well,  but the touring has a unique black aluminium brushed trim (not the altharirite or standard) so stayed with that.  Extended the leather as I like it for one and secondly think it might the suit the touring style spec.  One thing that I am interested to see how works is when you get the aircon slats painted, it included additional leather and stiching around the vents.  I haven't seen that before. 

Took your advise and dropped the key and matts.  One thing I am trying to get to bottom of is, that is rest of world you can get carbon mirror caps but cant here in Australia for some reason.  Just following that up.  I think i can do some minor changes within next few days but cant after early October. 

Didn't know if the red rim stripe is going to work or not, but thinking I can always remove if its offensive.  Conversely could have added it also for half the price, so my reasoning probably doesn't make any sense.  

I've done a total 180 on my build. I love yellow p-cars but was going to do Miami for something different. Not anymore.

Jet Black Metallic.

You going with a touring pack sleazius ?    A little poll on rennlist is showing only about 20-25% take up on the touring pack, then 50/50 manual / PDK on the remainder with wings.    Im thinking if we get say 80-100 GT3 in country, the touring might even end up rarer then the 35 R's Australia ended up with.  Pretty sure the R price appreciation hysteria isn't happening here though.  Few nice cars coming down the line, gt3 RS, speedster, classic, 911T ?  etc..

After touring / not touring question
I have finally locked in my order
i love the wing !! It looks fat from behind 
Finally Locked in.
I have had a really tough few weeks in my Porsche out of this world life. Serious 1st world problems. I Know right, but it has been driving me nuts.
What CONFIG to ORDER>

I was really concerned about comfort vs Driving thrill vs $$$ versus resale value.

I came to the conclusion one which which most of you probably live by.... Just get what you want and be really happy.

So my option list went from $4000.00 to $10000.00 to $28000.00.
Though this car is in the spec is one I will be happy with. I could actually keep it for 40 years.
I now feel relived and once the money is gone I no longer thing about it. I think this car will be amazing and I will be really happy. Like pumped.

So Whats it got.

Manual 

GT3 
non metallic black
LWB`s
Silver Seat belt
Aluminum Inlays
Sports Chrono
Porsche emblem on Arm Rest
Leather interior package in black
Steering column Leather,
Smokers pack
Floor Mats
Satin Aluminum Wheels
Sun visors in Alcantara
Reverse Camera
P code
PJ11J165

Add the 911R decals to roof and sides in Agate grey and she is done.
I love this combo....
 Expensive list of stuff for sure though I'm happy 

A suggestion that I thought of when considering the black earlier was rather then go with the R stripe, go with a single irish green stripe (4-5 inches wide) up the middle, then space out two agate grey stripes, 1 inch wide, 1 inch space either side of the green. All five lines running straight back from tip of bonnet to engine cover between the two black intakes.    Like this: http://phenomenalvinyl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Porsche-996-Stripe-Kit-8.jpg

My thinking was the maybe the R stipe was going to be a bit over done (admittedly i was still going touring so would be a pretend R attempt) , may not line up with the engine intakes, and also the roof and front bonnet has the the centre indent the R and the RS have which work with the side stripes. 

A suggestion that I thought of when considering the black earlier was rather then go with the R stripe, go with a single irish green stripe (4-5 inches wide) up the middle, then space out two agate grey stripes, 1 inch wide, 1 inch space either side of the green. All five lines running straight back from tip of bonnet to engine cover between the two black intakes.    Like this: http://phenomenalvinyl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Porsche-996-Stripe-Kit-8.jpg

My thinking was the maybe the R stipe was going to be a bit over done (admittedly i was still going touring so would be a pretend R attempt) , may not line up with the engine intakes, and also the roof and front bonnet has the the centre indent the R and the RS have which work with the side stripes. 

good idea on the stripes, I'll consider it.

the carbon mirror covers will be able to be bought from suncoast as well I think. Otherwise carbon wrap is way cheaper

i thinkbthe touring will have a better resale and be more sort after.

I was considering touring though really like the wing, felt the 18 way seats were a better match for touring over LWB,s  and  i love the alcantara 

I also think the black wheels with red stripe even with Pccb looks fantastic on gt silver. 

What would you consider to be the improved lap times to be with the carbon mirror covers and stripes? 

less than with red paint.  

i test drove my GT4 with Martini stickers.  Since they were removed, it does feel slower ? Time for some mirror covers then.

Archived