My New GT3.2..still waiting

less than with red paint.  

i test drove my GT4 with Martini stickers.  Since they were removed, it does feel slower ? Time for some mirror covers then.

How did you think the GT2RS cracked sub 7 at Nurburgring...  PTS yellow , stripes and carbon trim...  all there is too it  :)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You going with a touring pack sleazius ?    A little poll on rennlist is showing only about 20-25% take up on the touring pack, then 50/50 manual / PDK on the remainder with wings.    Im thinking if we get say 80-100 GT3 in country, the touring might even end up rarer then the 35 R's Australia ended up with.  Pretty sure the R price appreciation hysteria isn't happening here though.  Few nice cars coming down the line, gt3 RS, speedster, classic, 911T ?  etc..

Wing or bust for me. Touring could be sought after down the track but I just get what i want at the time. I've gone the full bikie package. Triple black, carbon interior, i'll post my build later.

This is my build currently:

Nice build.  If the price doesn't shock you (well not any more then any other option they put on) have a look at what the painted vent slats option gives you.  By default adds the red stitch around the vents which I think is a nice touch and dresses it up. Ive seen it once and looks the business. 

Also the smokers package ?  You smoke or is this a way to have 12v in console ? 

When do you have to lock in ?  Ive submitted but apparently after 17th October I cant make any further changes. 

Nice build.  If the price doesn't shock you (well not any more then any other option they put on) have a look at what the painted vent slats option gives you.  By default adds the red stitch around the vents which I think is a nice touch and dresses it up. Ive seen it once and looks the business. 

Also the smokers package ?  You smoke or is this a way to have 12v in console ? 

When do you have to lock in ?  Ive submitted but apparently after 17th October I cant make any further changes. 

12v in console, you also get a cover over the ashtray which is just a weird cubby that you couldn't fit much in. Non smoker btw, not that it matters.

I've got till mid oct, same as you, build December, delivery march. I ticked the box back and forth repeatedly on the slats for the extra stitching, but you've got to stop somewhere and I'm trying to stay this side of 400 ?

Do you happen to know if Australia gets the bigger tank as standard? I haven't got around to asking.

The option that is most offensive to me is the headlights - $6800 to continue the black theme and they're about 15kg heavier.

Porsche option pricing never ceases to amaze.  Black headlights, seats and some leather and trim and bits and pieces all for just $38k.  When you consider you can buy a Golf GTi (from the same company effectively) for the price of a modest collection of GT3 upgrades, it shows the level of gouging at play.  VW Group have to fund their $30B diesel cheat bill somehow I guess........

When you consider those prices are extra over the base spec, it's exorbitant - toss out the standard seats and cop $11,500 EXTRA for carbon buckets.......wow  $3,800 to paint the wheels.......WTF?  What would that cost aftermarket, a few hundred per wheel?

No doubt there is buyer anxiety about ordering a standard car with no options so buyers need no encouragement from Porsche to dive into the options and they sit back and rake it in.  And buyers are probably not too fussed because used prices hold up and they can get their money back.  

I keep saying it but......what a great business.  It's borderline offensive to me but good luck to them if they continue to get away without having to justify any of it. 

Porsche option pricing never ceases to amaze.  Black headlights, seats and some leather and trim and bits and pieces all for just $38k.  When you consider you can buy a Golf GTi (from the same company effectively) for the price of a modest collection of GT3 upgrades, it shows the level of gouging at play.  VW Group have to fund their $30B diesel cheat bill somehow I guess........

When you consider those prices are extra over the base spec, it's exorbitant - toss out the standard seats and cop $11,500 EXTRA for carbon buckets.......wow  $3,800 to paint the wheels.......WTF?  What would that cost aftermarket, a few hundred per wheel?

No doubt there is buyer anxiety about ordering a standard car with no options so buyers need no encouragement from Porsche to dive into the options and they sit back and rake it in.  And buyers are probably not too fussed because used prices hold up and they can get their money back.  

I keep saying it but......what a great business.  It's borderline offensive to me but good luck to them if they continue to get away without having to justify any of it. 

Trust me, i'm bothered by it. I've gone back and forth repeatedly on whether to take up the allocation. It is crazy money, and I said as much to the dealer - these cars are now in McLaren territory. He just said that their margins haven't changed and that Porsche in Germany sets the prices. Effectively the mothership gouges Aussies under the guise of a government granted monopoly. Oh, and if Sir doesn't want the allocation I've got a list of people only too happy to take it off your hands.

I've been in the 997.2 GT3 market and the cars have bugger all options on them, now I know why.

I've been in the 997.2 GT3 market and the cars have bugger all options on them, now I know why.

I wouldn't have thought that the 997 options list would have been as long as the 991? It seems that's how they make money now, offering matching socks to your seat belts. The thing I love about the early GT3's was the lack of options, it was a purpose built car. Now, it seems to be more about the options than the car itself and in my view seems to be missing the point. 

Poverty pack and drive the balls off it - I'm sure its just as fast. ;)

I wouldn't have thought that the 997 options list would have been as long as the 991? It seems that's how they make money now, offering matching socks to your seat belts. The thing I love about the early GT3's was the lack of options, it was a purpose built car. Now, it seems to be more about the options than the car itself and in my view seems to be missing the point. 

Poverty pack and drive the balls off it - I'm sure its just as fast. ;)

There will be plenty of white cars with no options, you can count on that. I think the real problem with Porsche is they've taken things that should be standard and made them options with insane markups - its the Ferrari strategy.

If you look at my build in particular I've got nothing on there that shouldn't be standard other than the red stitch and the wheels. Floor mats? 12v in console? Bits of cheapo carbon fibre stuck onto the dash? LED headlights (doesn't every car have these now over $30k). Partial leather interior - my $40k VW has that. I'd have reversing camera too but I refuse to pay $1600 for it. It is all a rort. I'll play the game this one time though because I intend to keep the car for 10 years at least (never say never).

The thing I love about the early GT3's was the lack of options, it was a purpose built car. Now, it seems to be more about the options than the car itself and in my view seems to be missing the point. 

My 996.2 GT3 had optional red seat belts and red stitching on the seats and leather dash cap that original owner paid a shitload for.

My 2000 C4 had a painted silver console, carbon fibre shifter and stainless steel scuff plates - that the original owner forked out over $5k for 17 years ago (I had the original invoice/build sheet). Seems that gouging for extras has risen to a new level, but its always been around.

Paying $270 for a set of front Mats on a $400k car is bullshit

He just said that their margins haven't changed and that Porsche in Germany sets the prices. Effectively the mothership gouges Aussies under the guise of a government granted monopoly.

What's he going to say, that his dealership or PCA are the rogues?  It's always dad's fault...

This is my build currently:

That is a pretty damn good good spec, I'd only add "light comfort package" ONLY $990 :lol: it makes the cabin feel that little bit more special, provides good ambience, go look at a few cars and you'll know what I mean. 

It is totally shit that you cannot just get PDLS in black, $7k on PDLS LED in black is kinda fucking crazy, I gotta say. 

12v in console, you also get a cover over the ashtray which is just a weird cubby that you couldn't fit much in. Non smoker btw, not that it matters.

I've got till mid oct, same as you, build December, delivery march. I ticked the box back and forth repeatedly on the slats for the extra stitching, but you've got to stop somewhere and I'm trying to stay this side of 400 ?

Do you happen to know if Australia gets the bigger tank as standard? I haven't got around to asking.

The option that is most offensive to me is the headlights - $6800 to continue the black theme and they're about 15kg heavier.

I was told the larger tank is only available on LHD cars and have to agree that the price of those headlights would have me going for contrast and just having the std ones. Whilst dear the red contrast stitching does look very nice and it's crazy they hit you for the smokers package... that was free on the 991 from memory as it should be for a plastic cover in the console

That is a pretty damn good good spec, I'd only add "light comfort package" ONLY $990 :lol: it makes the cabin feel that little bit more special, provides good ambience, go look at a few cars and you'll know what I mean. 

It is totally shit that you cannot just get PDLS in black, $7k on PDLS LED in black is kinda fucking crazy, I gotta say. 

+1 million. Obviously the majority spec'd PDLS in black last time around so to force people's hands they got rid of the option. If PDLS (black) existed I'd be taking that option.

I had originally considered the light design along with the lighted treads but total price was already ridiculous, and I decided I probably wouldn't do much night driving if I was totally honest with myself.

I was told the larger tank is only available on LHD cars and have to agree that the price of those headlights would have me going for contrast and just having the std ones. Whilst dear the red contrast stitching does look very nice and it's crazy they hit you for the smokers package... that was free on the 991 from memory as it should be for a plastic cover in the console

Thanks for this - annoying especially given our much greater driving distances. I had a backup spec which was Sapphire Blue which was contrast. Free stitch (-$2000), free wheels (-3700), free lights (-6800).

However I wasn't in love with the colour.

Racing Yellow - aka Banana needs the black contrast, as does Miami. So in the end I switched to stealth.

Sleazius

i have a similar build to you, however I prefer the light silver wheels. Which I will probably get done after arrival $960.00 not $2300.00 I just can't cop paying $2300 to paint wheels . Add a stripe would be $200.00 total extra if u are intereted

ibhav gone for PDLS at $1700 which change the colour of the car lights on the configurator to a dark tint on the light. I also you tubed it and it was a darker light. Personally I don't mind either  way for my car though if you just want Darker lights do some research and maybe save $4k.

i seem to be lucky with silver stitch on price over red as I would pay extra for silver.  You get ripped with red stitching. 

Get the reverse camera mate the wing is too big. 

Regarding the options it is a joke and I did agonise. I settled on the fact that if I buy what I really want I'll be happy and have no regrets . So I bit the bullet. The other upside is these cars hold value well so what the heck.

the downside is $12000 for seats is a joke, however I just had to have them as I didn't want the car to be a daily driver and more comfortable seats would make this happen :) 

FYI the AMG GTR in the UK is 30percent more money . In oz it's the same $$ with sports seat option. And the AMG gt r comes loaded with std features. It maybe a better buy than GT3 $$ wise here. And you can get one today.  So I would suggest that Porsche Australia is having a big win on $$ . 

Saw a good review today he says this car is more exciting than a lamborgini aventador 

My code 

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PJM16CK2

Nice build. The wheels are the only thing I'd consider doing after market, but as most GT3 buyers know, 'mods' you generally have to bring back to factory come resale time. The littlest things can stop a sale from going through.

I'm on the outskirts of Sydney, and probably won't need the reversing camera to be honest. I'm not going to be parking it anywhere that a camera is needed like you guys in the city might.

We get ripped full stop. We also need to look at it in context - we're bitching about a couple of thousand here or there on a $350k car. I guarantee you this, once the car arrives I'm not going to care what it cost, I'm just going to drive the pants off it.

I first got offended when I test drove a Macan and it was something like $1,600 for keyless start to avoid the key dangling annoyingly on my knee.  standard in any econobox you care to mention yet $1,600 in a $100k Porsche SUV.   I thought they were just taking the piss.  I ended up with a Q7 which is not the same thing but they didn't piss me off.  Mind you the Audi is probably worth half what I paid 18 months ago....but I saved that $1,600 on principle ?

Oh, and floor mats and a tank of fuel is surely a given any time you buy a car...... $270 for mats in a $350k GT3, as McEnroe would say "you can't be serious". Grab a set from Supercheap.

Archived