My New GT3.2..still waiting

Signed today. Estimated delivery early march.

Now the wait starts again ?    

Regards the option price, it's does your head in if I try to link it to any underlying true cost base. Each price has to be purely linked to what some smart price gurus come up with to what they can get away with I've determined.  Last time GT silver was an expensive option this time its "free". A few years back carmine red was free on a macan but now a $7000 extra on this gt3.. go figure.    

If they said extra special magic fairy dust was another $5000 afraid to say I feel I would probably tick that box as well.  A physiologist would have a field day as to why I micro manage the stationary budget in a business but waste money on red deviated stiching ???

But it's offensive and along with the limited and exclusive nature risk turning people off at some point ? Has too does it not ?

I would feel better if they just come out and said it's $400k and you can have a choice of all these options, no additional cost.  But they don't have to care if I feel better, as plenty of other buyers in line. My local dealer stopped at 50 paid deposits which apparantely is over double the expected allocations. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PFA GT3.2 so far.  Any others also in line ? (don't have to share details, if prefer to kept confidential, just interested to know and share with other PFA guys)

Karter34 – Black / Wing / Manual / Feb 18 / PJM16CK2

Sleazius – Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 /  PJB71RR5

Oldmxnut – GT Silver / Touring / Manual / Mar 18 / PJXR4R31

PFA GT3.2 so far.  Any others also in line ? (don't have to share details, if prefer to kept confidential, just interested to know and share with other PFA guys)

Sapphire Black Metallic for mine fyi.

My build sheet says Feb 28th delivery but I figure the cars will all come in at the same time in early march.

There was one other person who said they were getting one in a thread which I can't find now, but there are bound to be many others. There will be some people that don't want to talk about it here, and others who rarely post. There is also that allocation for sale ???

I'm mid ? -2018 from PCGC still debating build but definitely 3 pedals and wing.

997 cup car  will have to go to make it pay unfortunately ?

Updated:  (also I hadn't heard about the allocation for sale ?  On carsales ?)

Karter34 – Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 / PJM16CK2

Sleazius – Sapphire Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 /  PJB71RR5

Ntg -   TBC / Wing / Manual / Jun 18 / TBC

Updated:  (also I hadn't heard about the allocation for sale ?  On carsales ?)

Karter34 – Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 / PJM16CK2

Sleazius – Sapphire Black / Wing / Manual / Mar 18 /  PJB71RR5

Ntg -   TBC / Wing / Manual / Jun 18 / TBC

Yea... I'm in line for around mid 2018 delivery, trying to sell the allocation with 20k mark up :) Hope I can find the right guy soon

Yea... I'm in line for around mid 2018 delivery, trying to sell the allocation with 20k mark up :) Hope I can find the right guy soon

So if you don't mind me asking, how do you go about selling an allocation here in Australia.  The new guy gets you to order his spec, its delivered in your name and then he steps in ?    Or does Porsche Australia / your dealer, happy enough to swap the new guys name in on their list ?  

Not to begrudge you converting a small wager for a $20K return, but I imagine flipping doesn't sit well Porsche Australia or for the guys who are in line but missing out....

^^ It seems my GT4 was on-sold this way when new.  Pretty sure it was ordered by first owner then immediately flipped to second owner on delivery, presumably pre-arranged for a premium.  My understanding is first owner never "owned" or drove it, owner 2 collected it new.  in theory I'm the 3rd owner but practically 2nd owner.

^^ It seems my GT4 was on-sold this way when new.  Pretty sure it was ordered by first owner then immediately flipped to second owner on delivery, presumably pre-arranged for a premium.  My understanding is first owner never "owned" or drove it, owner 2 collected it new.  in theory I'm the 3rd owner but practically 2nd owner.

I am also interested to know how this works.  In your case Doug I understand the process as you are the third owner and usual stamp duty and transfer fee applies to the sale but does owner two have to pay stamp duty on the sale as they are the second owner.  All sounds complicated to me and would have to involve the dealer if the initial purchaser is to be taken out of the equation. Transfer fees on a $350K GT3 would be $18,200 so would the purchase of the car cost owner 2 this as well as the $20K asked by the guy with the allocation?

Do you also have an RS allocation?

You wouldn't want to sell and miss out. ?

Nah, I hope there may be a little chance dealer accept to swap the allocation from .2 gt3 to .2 RS but seems quite impossible 

So if you don't mind me asking, how do you go about selling an allocation here in Australia.  The new guy gets you to order his spec, its delivered in your name and then he steps in ?    Or does Porsche Australia / your dealer, happy enough to swap the new guys name in on their list ?  

Not to begrudge you converting a small wager for a $20K return, but I imagine flipping doesn't sit well Porsche Australia or for the guys who are in line but missing out....

I think the dealer eventually accept to swap the name when the car actually delivered. Commission paid and they really don't care who's that car belongs to. But it will 100% successful, whatever the way we use without spend extra penny. :)

^^ It seems my GT4 was on-sold this way when new.  Pretty sure it was ordered by first owner then immediately flipped to second owner on delivery, presumably pre-arranged for a premium.  My understanding is first owner never "owned" or drove it, owner 2 collected it new.  in PRACTICE I'm the 3rd owner but PSYCHOLOGICALLY the 2nd owner.

:D

:D

Actually you're wrong - psychologically  I'm the FIRST real owner.  The guy before me did just 8,000km in almost 2 years, effectively he just ran it in ready for me as first owner.  I think I've done nearly 1,000 in what, 4 weeks?  That's the sign of a true owner not a pretender.

I am also interested to know how this works.  In your case Doug I understand the process as you are the third owner and usual stamp duty and transfer fee applies to the sale but does owner two have to pay stamp duty on the sale as they are the second owner.  All sounds complicated to me and would have to involve the dealer if the initial purchaser is to be taken out of the equation. Transfer fees on a $350K GT3 would be $18,200 so would the purchase of the car cost owner 2 this as well as the $20K asked by the guy with the allocation?

i assume it's like buying property "and/or nominee" - in that scenario as long as you nominate a substitute buyer before settlement and before any "improvements" are made to the property then it is deemed a single transaction (albeit those pricks at SRO slugged us once but we got it back after a lengthy VCAT fight)

in theory SRO Are likely to deem the vehicle changed "beneficial ownership" from Porsche to owner 1 and from owner 1 to owner 2 so 2 dutiable transactions but it will all come down to how the paperwork was setup and how the cash flowed.  Porsche would presumably be smart enough not to lodge 2 sets of transfer forms and without those SRO would be none the wiser.   But SRO are a bunch of greedy bastards so they'd try it on if they got a sniff.

Nah, I hope there may be a little chance dealer accept to swap the allocation from .2 gt3 to .2 RS but seems quite impossible 

I think the dealer eventually accept to swap the name when the car actually delivered. Commission paid and they really don't care who's that car belongs to. But it will 100% successful, whatever the way we use without spend extra penny. :)

So your not intending to get another new GT for a while then ?  I hear (via an internal source) one of the R buyers that flipped has missed out on the GT3RS and also GT2RS and deposits were handed back.  

Of coarse you flip, someone else flips and next thing its like the USA where the dealer throws on top RRP 50, 100, 150 K extra because thats "market" and if he doesn't do it, a flipper will so he as dealer should as free market..  etc etc   So not a fan of the practice. 

Got the same situ on My GT3 making three owners in the first 2700kms - and then the poor thing went and got wedded to someone who then tied it up in a bad marriage in the garage and wouldnt be let it out to play , other than for a yearly service two years undriven almost..

Lets face it these high end cars should all get painted Dolphin Grey ;) 

6000 kms+ this year already on mine .. you better catchup @@DJM, 500 kms on Monday just for coffee come on man , I suggest you dont buy anything or deal with suppliers any closer than 150 kms away

Of coarse you flip, someone else flips and next thing its like the USA where the dealer throws on top RRP 50, 100, 150 K extra because thats "market" and if he doesn't do it, a flipper will so he as dealer should as free market..  etc etc   So not a fan of the practice. 

Cars in the USA continue to be stupid cheap - I went to a retirement dinner a few weeks ago and the guy had just bought himself a brand new fully optioned 911 GTS that cost him $140k USD drive away

Actually you're wrong - psychologically  I'm the FIRST real owner.  The guy before me did just 8,000km in almost 2 years, effectively he just ran it in ready for me as first owner.  I think I've done nearly 1,000 in what, 4 weeks?  That's the sign of a true owner not a pretender.

The Museum that owns Mona Lisa is a pretender as she doesn't get fanged around Paris on Sundays.

So your not intending to get another new GT for a while then ?  I hear (via an internal source) one of the R buyers that flipped has missed out on the GT3RS and also GT2RS and deposits were handed back.  

Oh definitely yes, I'm looking for a .1 GT3. Just lost my patient and concern about depreciation. I know .1 will dep and dep but still in the budget range. Actually GT3 is not like R, which Porsche won't allow you to flip the allocation (R buyer sign a contract with no flipping in 1 year). There won't be any penalty or judgement from dealer side as well for GT car. I went to a dealer which have 100km odo GT4 and boxter sypder, dealer says the buyer just flip it after driving back home... Well, R is R, but the rest will never be a R.

and next thing its like the USA where the dealer throws on top RRP 50, 100, 150 K extra because thats "market" and if he doesn't do it, a flipper will so he as dealer should as free market..  etc etc   So not a fan of the practice. 

Thankfully its against our fair trading laws here to do that on a new car. However there is nothing to stop making the next 'special' Porsche significantly dearer. I think they're already doing it based on the list price for the latest GT3.

I'd love to be in the US on the other end of a phone when a dealer calls and offers a GT2 RS at $200k over. Priceless. Do I get a reach around with this fantastic pummeling I'm getting?

Thankfully its against our fair trading laws here to do that on a new car. However there is nothing to stop making the next 'special' Porsche significantly dearer. I think they're already doing it based on the list price for the latest GT3.

I'd love to be in the US on the other end of a phone when a dealer calls and offers a GT2 RS at $200k over. Priceless. Do I get a reach around with this fantastic pummeling I'm getting?

Reach around is an optional extra... and we all know how expensive they are for what you get.  :o

Nah, 200k is too much, I got one at 150k over. Still much cheaper than Aussie price haha

Had a chat to the car detailer today, going to trial XPEL on my daily and see how it goes, as might put on the GT3.   Step after is sorting if any sticker/decals and if so what.  

Got a meeting lined up later in week with auto trimmer to sort what I'm doing with the seats. 

Few things coming together.  I like these little self imposed OCD projects :) .   

Archived