GT3....or ???? instead? GT4 it is.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another GT4 has disappeared off carsales today, you have started a trend Doug.

blue duttons car and the yellow dealer car both appear to have been removed.  3 of 12 gone in one weekend?   Get on 'em, they're hot ?

Only a couple of photos for now.  One of my girls came for the ride, no idea I planned to actually BUY it ?

I wonder if they can peel them off and stick them back on paper and I can refit if I change my mind....

nah, prefer the clean white look.  My daughter said I'd look like a cashed up bogan if I left tje stickers.  Out of the mouths of babes....? 

Stickers or not, she'd be right though wouldn't she? :P

I reckon leave the stickers and get them to honour the remove and detail if you change your mind.

And besides, the Instagram crowd loves that shit!

But big congrats either way!

I love the GT4s!

Stickers or not, she'd be right though wouldn't she? :P

I reckon leave the stickers and get them to honour the remove and detail if you change your mind.

And besides, the Instagram crowd loves that shit!

But big congrats either way!

I love the GT4s!

thanks Trev.  It was a tough choice, 986/987 hotrod or 981.  In the end while I like and have owned plenty of modified cars, I'm no spanner twirler these days and to mod a car via workshops would take me months and frustrate me.  So I bought a Porsche built hotrod instead.  Very happy.

thanks Trev.  It was a tough choice, 986/987 hotrod or 981.  In the end while I like and have owned plenty of modified cars, I'm no spanner twirler these days and to mod a car via workshops would take me months and frustrate me.  So I bought a Porsche built hotrod instead.  Very happy.

Congratulations DJM on your purchase.  PS I did post 4 months ago when you were in search mode,  best you ask JimTT nicely for the keys to his GT4. 

I'm assuming you were sold after making your second left turn from the showroom (i.e  into hoddle street) . I was impressed just sitting in a passengers seat.

So I'm thinking there's a nice scene for the next sequel to the PFA video.  SMT shortly after your Porsche driver day and a bit of back to the future,  eg Jim TT, yourself and trev, all stepping it up from artic silver 996 variants to mid engine mounted P variants (bit of colour contrast this time as well, i.e  grey, white and black??) with  some drone work  and a decent microphone on of the three cars  having a nice leisurely crack through the black / reefton spur out in front of the rest of the congo line.

PS In terms of cashed up bogans and that Martini sticker, I vote for the stickers off,.  Reminds me too much of that BMW parked on Old Mornington road with the POLICIA stickers on it.  (I'm assuming you have seen that more than once before)

PS In terms of cashed up bogans and that Martini sticker, I vote for the stickers off,.  Reminds me too much of that BMW parked on Old Mornington road with the POLICIA stickers on it.  (I'm assuming you have seen that more than once before)

Yes that car in Old Mornington Road always gives my a laugh.  Doug, I also vote for the Martini stickers off.  I am more a fan of the look of the one you posted earlier, subtle but distinctive.  Martini makes it a Kath and Kim car.  (Look at moi, look at moi...)

Come on you blokes, you all drive around in my backyard the Yarra (Bogan) Valley.

Got the have the stripes on.

https://kistudios.com/product-category/porsche/981-gt4-stripes/

https://kistudios.com/product-category/porsche/porsche-981-cayman/

HA HA Bogan Valley,

Reminds me of a recent experience heading down settlement rd, railway rd, station rd "shortcut" around Yarra Junctiion to Millgrove on a drive day with some mates 2 X Cayman, 1  X SLK55.

Hilux UTE driver coming in the opposite direction along Railway road spots my mate out front in hes' Cayman and instinctively gives us all a single finger out the window!

Nice!! 

Welcome to the hairdressers club mate

Awesome car, I like the stickers personally, I looked at your car just 2 weeks ago at PCM. I could see them attracting a lot of dickheads and unwanted attention though

"hairdressers car" hahahaha 

1st time I've heard a Cayman let alone a GT4 having that label.

@DJM Hi Doug I guess you have the car now.  If you are not racing around the hills testing her limits and in Mount Eliza this arvo I would not mind having a look at the new beast.  I am in Tower Road and I am outside washing cars for the next couple of hours today.  Will even throw in a coffee

Regards

Phil

Best way to sum up my day and this car....F#€K  YEAH

Cruised down eastlink in comfort, cruise control, Nav and radio on, then get to the roundabout on Moorooduc Rd, radio off, exhaust on loud, hit sport so it rev matches the downshifts and fire it through and out the other side, barking away.  Intoxicating and much more fun albeit not as batshit fast as the GT2.  

great car, NA is my new friend.

Thanks @hugh for the lift and lunch date

@Lucky Phil sorry only saw your post now, drove straight by on the way back from Arthur's Seat.  We should drive up to Tecoma together on Sunday 17th, collect Hugh on the way through Franghanistan.

@Lucky Phil sorry only saw your post now, drove straight by on the way back from Arthur's Seat.  We should drive up to Tecoma together on Sunday 17th, collect Hugh on the way through Franghanistan.

Sounds like a plan.  Departure time from Mount Eliza say 5:15 am? We could all meet outside Toorak College at 5:15 am if you like

Congratulations again mate, such a lovely, lovely car. Following you home definitely hasn't helped my GT4 love affair though!

It's nice to have an excuse to get the GT cars out for an egg & bacon roll. ;):D

Archived