Does pinball count as gaming?

9er

16 hours ago, Jason E said:

cheers for this, I will hit @woka up when I see him.

Many variables.. An original dedicated Gyruss is a hard thing to find, however Gyruss in a generic Aussie built wood grain LAI cab from the 80's (which is a nice thing) with 59 other classic games, easily found for around $650.00.

On 31/08/2019 at 13:31, TINGY996 said:

Let's have a pinnie party at your house.

Bring your swag and plenty'o grogs..!

26 minutes ago, WOKA said:

Many variables.. An original dedicated Gyruss is a hard thing to find, however Gyruss in a generic Aussie built wood grain LAI cab from the 80's (which is a nice thing) with 59 other classic games, easily found for around $650.00.

Bring your swag and plenty'o grogs..!

Righto @WOKA for that kinda money I want one.  I need to talk to you at the next C&C so you can point me in the right direction.

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, JV911 said:

My brother had Fish Tales ~25 years ago. What's an entry-level non-collectable machine worth?

You're going to pay 5k+ now for a Fish Tales in nice condition, maybe 3.5k for a bit of a shitter, albeit a solid playable shitter but you have to be Jonny on the spot.  I'd value my restored Fishy's at 6k, but its not for sale.

I'd sell my Dr Who that's an original delivered Australian example (yes, Aussie delivered commands higher dollars in the pinball world too) for maybe 5k, or 6k with all the cabinet being restored etc.  You're paying for the theme which in turn relates to game play which means a higher price.  Sure, there are cheaper machines out there, say a Gottlieb Street Fighter which is a bit of a turd / boring which you could pick up for ~3k.  A lot depends also on the era of games that you liked..  

Electro-Mechanical)  60's ~ 70's

Solid State - 70's to late 80's

DMD - early 90's to current

2 hours ago, 356993??? said:

What about Checkpoint ?? A couple on gumtree in SA now... (every Porsche enthusiast should have one 👍 ha ha)

It's a nice looking machine for sure, not too sure about game play..

A very late Solid state machine (1991) with 3500 units produced world wide..    $3500 is probably on the money - just.

39 minutes ago, grantmr said:

Coming in late but Gyruss is also available on Xbox

You'd have to be tragic to download and practice on it before heading out to the arcade haha right 😉 haha

I FUCKING LOVED GYRUSS.  I fed enough 20 cent pieces to cover a 1970's mortgage into the Gyruss machine at the Belara Prawn Co-Op on Bribie Island in the early Eighties.  I was the King of that Bitch & all that dared play me where my vassals (least that's how it felt at the time till the teenagers came & pushed me off - then I just cried). 

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2020 at 16:29, 356993??? said:

What about Checkpoint ?? A couple on gumtree in SA now... (every Porsche enthusiast should have one 👍 ha ha)

I have a Checkpoint among my collection - it's a great theme obviously, and the gameplay is solid - but I have better games - AFMLE springs to mind.. and I probably like my Gottlieb EM's more too, but for sentimental reasons more than gameplay. A crap pinball is better than no pinball I reckon...

3 hours ago, pocketscience said:

I have a Checkpoint among my collection - it's a great theme obviously, and the gameplay is solid - but I have better games - AFMLE springs to mind.. and I probably like my Gottlieb EM's more too, but for sentimental reasons more than gameplay. A crap pinball is better than no pinball I reckon...

Nice. Which Gottliebs?

Check out Aussie Arcade if you aren’t already a member. It’s the most active site we have here for pinball.

If you prefer an international flavour there is pinside.com - the negative to pinside is the moderation is very light, so there are a lot of trolls. It became the defacto site for everyone who got banned from every other forum, but is far and away the most active site globally.