Number Plate Stickers

Pork Chops

Nor is speeding, a loud zorst, venting your crank case to atmo, not running cats, going sidewayz etc etc so I'll live with the crime of a sticker number plate :P.

A mate of mine just got booked for this, had a club plate sticker $295 fine from memory.

Worth every penny B). Where'd he get the sticker done?

He said it was off Ebay, did a search. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DECAL-NUMBER-PLATE-STICKER-GRAPHIC-SIGNS-DECALS-/380152979639

It looked pretty good, had it done because the club plates don't fit properly on the rear of a Corvette. Now he has a bent up POS plate that looks like crap but is apparently legal.

It would probably be because their number plate reader cannot read this style of number plate.  Can't miss out on revenue :P

That is kind of the reason amongst other things.  Not sure about the other States but certainly in QLD the TORRUMs state that you can't modify/ alter/ substitute a number plate without authorisation.  The problem is (unlike all of us reasonable & law abiding people ) once you let some people modify (or faithfully replace with a sticker) a plate slightly the next bloke will take it further & further & further & then of course how do you quantify what is legal & what isn't?

I would love a number plate sticker on my car - I completely agree but I can see why they have to make the rules. (and of course it gives the stinkin Traffic Branch a reason for their puerile existence........poo).

You don't have to drill holes in your bumper to put on a plate, just use 3M double sided tape to stick your normal numberplate on.

Have used it on multiple cars including my Boxster and never had a plate come off despite using my cars on the track.

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/number-plates/display-of-number-plates

Unauthorised number plates

Displaying number plates that haven't been issued by VicRoads on a vehicle is an offence under the Road Safety (Vehicles) Regulations (except for 'home-made' plates on exempt trailers). This includes the illegal re-manafacturing of existing number plates issued by VicRoads in a different format, style or material. 

So whatever isn't provided by Vic is "illegal". Talking about an industrial monopole... Any lawyers in here?

Used to have custom plates in Europe ($45 a pair, not $450...) and they were perfectly legal. 

I was looking into this when originally considering club plates given how bulky they are.

A PFA member had used and recommended Letter Art in Rowville https://www.whereis.com/vic/rowville-3178/yellowId-15134488

Fianlly, a useful post that's not about legal compliance :P. Thanks, will enquire within.

Used printed and adhesive vinyl plates on my KTMs off road (in the bush and country towns) for years, plus an enlarged color photocopy of my lic. clear stickied to the rear of the front headlight shroud.  On all the occasions being stop by the constabulary, they were very complimentary on my ingenuity.  And never fined me.

Why VicToads don't just offer a sticky to order and charge $350 bucks for it defeats me.  Revenue source, full control and I'm sure they could develop it so that it's readable. FFS they can do it with my face at passport control, when I'm tired, grumpy and hungover.

Here is a 996 owner that has taken the initiative. Looks pretty good and took me a few photos to notice https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-4989315

Nice!

IMG_9099-L.jpg

message me.... ill make some for you.  I own a print shop. Will make them look perfect.... can even make them on class 3 reflective if you want : ) 

Unreal. Thanks a million. I'll PM you and grab your email. Cheers.

Archived