Home Built Z

MFX

10 minutes ago, PCM911T said:

Hope you recover quickly Mrs Jeff, we miss your cheery face. Chicken broth will help.

Paul M

Haha, I actually made her chicken broth and she moaned about it ;) (well I put a stock cube in a cup of boiling water and it may not have completely dissolved :P).

28 minutes ago, MFX said:

Haha, I actually made her chicken broth and she moaned about it ;) (well I put a stock cube in a cup of boiling water and it may not have completely dissolved :P).

So who did the cooking to give Mrs Jeff food poisoning ? ?

On 5/27/2018 at 5:05 PM, PCM911T said:

Hope you recover quickly Mrs Jeff, we miss your cheery face. Chicken broth will help.

Paul M

This week it is time to prep the body of the Z for primer.

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

shame you ruined (imho) the fuel tank but I understand the easier option of not masking it off.

Either way, mission accomplished with a neater looking froot ;) 

Do you mean that the fuel tank should be another colour? Or that is should just be left as it was? 

I am not going for originality with thing at all, just trying to make it neat and tidy ?

On 6/5/2018 at 5:43 PM, MFX said:

Do you mean that the fuel tank should be another colour? Or that is should just be left as it was? 

I am not going for originality with thing at all, just trying to make it neat and tidy ?

Did you look back at the number of times you called it an engine compartment !  :D  aren’t we largely rear engine fans around here?   Looking forward to the Porsche engine update

6 hours ago, Coastr said:

Did you look back at the number of times you called it an engine compartment !  :D  aren’t we largely rear engine fans around here?   Looking forward to the Porsche engine update

I am just a dumb ass and kept calling it the engine bay. I think it is my tiny brain struggling with the concept :D 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I've always wondered why they put the mirrors there, as I'm sure they'd be hard to see anything behind. Any specific reason Jeff? 

I have no idea. They are FAR from practical, but I like the look. Definitely more a cosmetic thing than something that will actually be useful ;) 

On 7/7/2018 at 7:48 PM, LeeM said:

I've always wondered why they put the mirrors there, as I'm sure they'd be hard to see anything behind. Any specific reason Jeff? 

It helps the car be narrower for Japanese roads, was standard fitment rules until early 80s until exports really took off, and rules changed to allow for door mounted, and the japs stopped buying them.  Kind of like the bench seat - too uncool compared with fancy cars like Porsches and BMWs.