Home Built Z

MFX

Hey Jeff,

Hopefully you don't have trouble installing the timing cover on the front of the engine with the cylinder head already installed. The timing cover alignment dowels on the front of the block can make it difficult to get the required clearance with the head on, be careful do don't pinch the front of the head gasket when pushing the timing cover on.

6 hours ago, 81SC said:

Hey Jeff,

Hopefully you don't have trouble installing the timing cover on the front of the engine with the cylinder head already installed. The timing cover alignment dowels on the front of the block can make it difficult to get the required clearance with the head on, be careful do don't pinch the front of the head gasket when pushing the timing cover on.

This is the way the book says to do it. I suppose because I need to install all of the chain tensioners, etc, with the head on but the cover off.

Great vids Jeff. Our 9 year old son is a big fan (as am I).  I was swapping my seats over this morning and had junior tapping away on the floor "any rust dad?" followed by "it's not painted very well".  He used to think my car was pretty cool and now just looks for imperfections ? and then the final dagger through the heart "one day you might be as good as Jeff".  Hilarious!!  Keep up the great work.

51 minutes ago, Damienb said:

Great vids Jeff. Our 9 year old son is a big fan (as am I).  I was swapping my seats over this morning and had junior tapping away on the floor "any rust dad?" followed by "it's not painted very well".  He used to think my car was pretty cool and now just looks for imperfections ? and then the final dagger through the heart "one day you might be as good as Jeff".  Hilarious!!  Keep up the great work.

Haha, glad to hear it is a family affair. One reason I make sure I don't swear or say anything offensive in the videos, is I know kids watch it too. 

As for the other point, I still feel like a cave man with a stone hammer compared to Project Binky. I often rock myself to sleep thinking 'one day I might be as good as Project Binky' ;) 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, MFX said:

Haha, glad to hear it is a family affair. One reason I make sure I don't swear or say anything offensive in the videos, is I know kids watch it too. 

As for the other point, I still feel like a cave man with a stone hammer compared to Project Binky. I often rock myself to sleep thinking 'one day I might be as good as Project Binky' ;) 

Jeff you'll have your 3 plus the house finished and be onto your next project (a sporty ol skool Boxster for the glam star of the show) before the overengineered Binky mobile sees a road... 17 hours to make some wiper setup brackets etc - the guys have more time than brains. That means they have infinite time as their brains are spot on!

3 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Jeff you'll have your 3 plus the house finished and be onto your next project (a sporty ol skool Boxster for the glam star of the show) before the overengineered Binky mobile sees a road... 17 hours to make some wiper setup brackets etc - the guys have more time than brains. That means they have infinite time as their brains are spot on!

I kind of don't want them to finish it, just because I love the build so much :D

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Bet Binky can't lay the candy down like that! Hmmm 680 = the amount of days til you finally got some paint on her

Haha. The name has been guessed. It all comes down to my nerdiness. 24 oz = 680 grams ;)

• 2 weeks later...