Home Built Z

MFX

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was going to be that steering column that took you out. Working on the interior with that, I’d be sticking an old tennis ball on the end of the column so you don’t brain yourself on it.

Just think if you built the roof 1 foot higher and could raise the car a few inches higher...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jeff,

I've been watching your videos on the Z lately & have noticed a possible discrepancy with the front hub nuts on your build.

Your Z appears to have the plain nut on the front strut stub axle for the hub bearing adjustment, but I haven't seen you install the castellated cover over the hub nut. You are probably aware of this issue but I thought I would just check.

dcf1de965ca524dd6ea5e417fa4e8f03_large.j

This web link may be of some use as well.

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978

44 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

@MFXHi Jeff, I noticed that you are not posting to PFA any more.  Any reason?

I thought people weren't interested in these updates anymore, sorry I will keep this updated.

This week I finish up the Toyota big brake upgrade on the 680g.

1 hour ago, 81SC said:

Hey Jeff,

I've been watching your videos on the Z lately & have noticed a possible discrepancy with the front hub nuts on your build.

Your Z appears to have the plain nut on the front strut stub axle for the hub bearing adjustment, but I haven't seen you install the castellated cover over the hub nut. You are probably aware of this issue but I thought I would just check.

dcf1de965ca524dd6ea5e417fa4e8f03_large.j

This web link may be of some use as well.

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978

Someone did mention that. I need to track down those locking cap for both sides.

@MFX Jeff all ok from my side as I subscribe to your You Tube site along with a few others I like to watch (Bad Obsession, White Detailing and Seen Through Glass), so not a drama for me if not posted here.  If you don't get anyone else giving you the thumbs up then no need to waste your time posting to PFA until the 911 motor arrives.

2 hours ago, MFX said:

I thought people weren't interested in these updates anymore, sorry I will keep this updated.

This week I finish up the Toyota big brake upgrade on the 680g.

Someone did mention that. I need to track down those locking cap for both sides.

I’m watching.