Home Built Z

MFX

On 22/05/2019 at 20:12, MFX said:
I finally have my meeting with the engineer to see if he is happy to sign off on all of my modifications. Fingers crossed.

Maquarie pass? Nearly been killed twice there in a normal car. On hearing you risked that through there I muttered "Geez mate you're keen" and then with the car near falling off it was "fuchin hell". But happy days anyway passing the engineering, relief, and a job well done!

3 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Maquarie pass? Nearly been killed twice there in a normal car. On hearing you risked that through there I muttered "Geez mate you're keen" and then with the car near falling off it was "fuchin hell". But happy days anyway passing the engineering, relief, and a job well done!

Absolutely. I wouldn't have been able to stop anywhere on the pass, even if I wanted to. Super scary!

What’s this “finally get onto the Alpha” bit ?  There’s an engine to build !

Understand what you have planned Jeff.  Somebody had to sound outraged.

Got one of these yet ?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hotwheels-Car-Culture-Eurospeed-Alpha-Romeo-Giulia-Sprint-GTA/183816550049?hash=item2acc51f6a1:g:q7oAAOSwt-xc4Kvv

4 hours ago, OZ930 said:

What’s this “finally get onto the Alpha” bit ?  There’s an engine to build !

Understand what you have planned Jeff.  Somebody had to sound outraged.

Got one of these yet ?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hotwheels-Car-Culture-Eurospeed-Alpha-Romeo-Giulia-Sprint-GTA/183816550049?hash=item2acc51f6a1:g:q7oAAOSwt-xc4Kvv

Haha, not yet, but it will be something close when I finish it ;) 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Harsh said:

no I don't.....but there are lots of them for sale for very little money

Where? People as crazy for them as for air cooled 911's. Forget the 2+2's, they are basically the cab' of the Z world. The cheapest RHD one I can currently find that is running and on the road is an auto for $34k, and that is 'in great original condition for it's age' and has 'very little rust' 😆

5 minutes ago, MFX said:

Where? People as crazy for them as for air cooled 911's. Forget the 2+2's, they are basically the cab' of the Z world. The cheapest RHD one I can currently find that is running and on the road is an auto for $34k, and that is 'in great original condition for it's age' and has 'very little rust' 😆

there are a few on carsales ,gumtree the usual places,and have been sitting there a long time......but try finding a decent 996 to straight swap for $34k

I am in no way knocking the 240 especially yours and have enormous respect for your builds,it just seemed a little out there. Maybe I should follow my partners lead,she loves the 240Z

Just now, Harsh said:

there are a few on carsales ,gumtree the usual places,and have been sitting there a long time......but try finding a decent 996 to straight swap for $34k

Those are 2+2's. If there are any cheap RHD 2 seaters around I know a bunch of guys who would snap them up.

That $34k car is the cheapest, shittiest registered Z I can currently find. My car is not even in the same ballpark ;)