MFX

Home Built Z

This week I get into stripping the many many layers and years of paint and bog off of the Z. It is a very slow messy job, but it has to be done.

All the best plans are soon undone mate! My 912 doors looked dead straight....till I started to strip the doors with poly discs. 10mm deep of bog out of both doors the size of basketballs ? Did it in the small shed too. Bad idea! 

Layers of paint on my brown SC :o.

At least I am not the only one dealing with decades of abuse ;) 

At least I am not the only one dealing with decades of abuse ;) 

Yeah........there are a lot of us that are married :blink:

And the Post Of The Week goes to a very naughty boy!  :Beer:

and I am not going quite as crazy on it as I am with the 911.

he says while looking at RB26 donks :LOL:

Have you decided what you are doing with the engine? Or going to do a swap?

By the way, I'm about to part out an S15 Silvia, if there's any parts you could use, let me know ;-)

Are my 240Z's doors completely rusted out and junk? They have been covered up with a mountain of bog and paint, so this week I strip them down and see if I can save them.

This week I work away at finishing that terrible door. It is a lot of rust and a lot of work, but I am stubborn enough to keep at it.

This week I have been back at it, cutting rust out of these doors. I am quite happy with how the repairs are coming along, but it is so time consuming.

Jeff, that sure is a labour of love...

Haha, it sure is. And to think the Datsun is 'rust free' compared to my Alfa. I think that will be the real test.

Haha, it sure is. And to think the Datsun is 'rust free' compared to my Alfa. I think that will be the real test.

I always wanted a 105, for 10 seconds, then realisation...

I always wanted a 105, for 10 seconds, then realisation...

70's Alfas were ahead of their time - they were self degrading biodegradable and quickly turned from metal objects into ferrous powder, back to mother nature.

My 77 GTV was like a Flintsone car and it was only 9 years old when i bought it.....

70's Alfas were ahead of their time - they were self degrading biodegradable and quickly turned from metal objects into ferrous powder, back to mother nature.

My 77 GTV was like a Flintsone car and it was only 9 years old when i bought it.....

Biodegradable:Chuckle2:. That is a fantastic, new age way of looking at them.

?? Reminds me of a bloke who described his Alfa as a piece of rice paper that dissolved a bit more at the mere hint of rain! 

This week I finally finish repairing all of the rust damage on my doors. Getting there slowly.

Edited by MFX

"I'm stubborn!"  Quote of the week.

By now, i would have thrown the grinder across the room in frustration, flown to Japan, returning with a N.O.S. door. :ph34r: