Home Built Z

MFX

3 minutes ago, DJM said:

Watch out Jeff, this guy is vying for the home build Z thread superiority, closing in on 4,000 views ?

I watched that yesterday. Well shot, entertaining video, I will watch, but I am not sure on his claim of the funniest ever.

Haha. Yep it is a bit of a contradiction, but I have given my arms welder burn so many times, it is better to sweat it out ;)

As for the whirly birds. Wow! What a difference. It has completely changed working in the garage. I will probably have to work out some sort of covers to block them off in the winter though.

32 minutes ago, MFX said:

Haha. Yep it is a bit of a contradiction, but I have given my arms welder burn so many times, it is better to sweat it out ;)

As for the whirly birds. Wow! What a difference. It has completely changed working in the garage. I will probably have to work out some sort of covers to block them off in the winter though.

Those strong garden/leaf bags have been used before. Doubt they'd be UV rated though. Or make a cover to place over the vent on the inside for winter, or get a better heater ??

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Those strong garden/leaf bags have been used before. Doubt they'd be UV rated though. Or make a cover to place over the vent on the inside for winter, or get a better heater ??

I am more thinking of a cover from the inside, rather than from the outside. I could make up a proper cover, or if I get lazy I may just tape some cardboard over them;)

Reckon if you delete the rear bumper (I prefer that look personally) maybe consider not fitting the front air dam under the front bumper, and using either the stock valance or similar to round it off a bit. It would look a bit more asymmtrical in my opinion. Is it illegal in NSW to not have a bumper fitted? Think it is here in SA 

Either use both bumpers or no bumpers but not just one bumper.  You could "Chip Foose" the bumpers for a tighter, more streamlined fit.

Having seen Mrs Jeff on the sim, don't let her near the real thing ?

3 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Either use both bumpers or no bumpers but not just one bumper.  You could "Chip Foose" the bumpers for a tighter, more streamlined fit.

Having seen Mrs Jeff on the sim, don't let her near the real thing ?

I have had heaps of replies on YT and it is about 50/50 keep/lose. I think I will keep it, but I will probaby do something like you say, weld it as one piece and make it sit nice and tight and smooth.

37 minutes ago, clutch-monkey said:

i deleted the rear bumper and currently have no front bumper, but i think needs the slimline otomoto CF front bumper not the stock one with over riders

I think only the 260's came with over riders. Mine should look a lot like that when I am finished as I am going to paint mine. I do like the look of no bumper, but I think I will add it back, just keep it simple and tight to the body.

2 hours ago, OZ930 said:

I was a bit worried when you used the jack on the cross member without any support underneath but it worked so good on you.

I definitely should have supported it from underneath, but I knew the lower support was many times stronger than the front wings.

...And I didn't even think to do it :o

On 09/01/2018 at 7:43 AM, DJM said:

Watch out Jeff, this guy is vying for the home build Z thread superiority, closing in on 4,000 views ?

Horrendous music makes it almost impossible to understand what he is saying.. He speaks like someone who has no idea about punctuation.. no full-stops, commas, etc... I might try watching with it muted.

1 hour ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Horrendous music makes it almost impossible to understand what he is saying.. He speaks like someone who has no idea about punctuation.. no full-stops, commas, etc... I might try watching with it muted.

Yeah. It is a big stretch to call it the funniest car build video ever. He obviously has never watched Project Binky, or anything from Mighty Car Mods.

5 hours ago, MFX said:

Yeah. It is a big stretch to call it the funniest car build video ever. He obviously has never watched Project Binky, or anything from Mighty Car Mods.

Or you slicing a finger ?

(I do it regularly mate, so ya not alone)