GT3 Wheels - matt finish clean?

symsy

Anyone know the colour and or the best way to clean the inside /not face of a GT3 wheel. I tried tar goop of various types mr sheen and other things.

Im pretty sure its a matt factory finish on the inside of the wheel and after a journey with soft platsic brillo and then a stainless scourer very gentle with loads of soap and then jiff , still not quite getting there .

Failing that it will be a repaint , anyone know the colour ??

Anyone know the colour and or the best way to clean the inside /not face of a GT3 wheel. I tried tar goop of various types mt sheen and other things.

Im pretty sure its a matt factory finish on the inside of the wheel and after a journey with soft platsic brillo and then a stainless scourrer very gentle with loads of soap and then jiff , still not quite getting there .

Failing that it will be a repaint , anyone know the colour ??

Degreaser (I use the pressure pack cans from supercheap or autobarn) should get them clean, but watch out for your weights as the degreaser WILL dissolve the glue,however getting the wheels rebalanced is preferable to a repaint if the wheels don`t need it.

Degreaser ,,heavy detergents ,like sugar soap or dish washing  ,,,,soft brush ,elbow grease and lot of water ..........be very careful of solvents and things like that ( eg some of those brake cleaners and spray on rinse of wheel cleaners ) some times they react with the paint finish and can damage it or cause it to loose it luster and go dull ..

Kerosine and dishwashing brush. Let it soak in well. Also degreaser from supacheap. But not in can - better quality one in 5 litrecontainer.

Final clean with dishwashing liquid in hot water with sponge. Mix detergent strong.

i have used this method quite a few times before 

Archived