How can this book be so expensive???

There's always one priced ridiculously.

Mind you I paid $99 when the book was released. It's one area where FOMO (fear of missing out) syndrome should be heeded. If you think you might ever want such a book , buy it on release - not 2+ years later. They don't always reprint them.
If you can't afford it at the time , look at what ephemera you get given for Christmas ;)
Fabulous "must have" Porsche book , btw...

There is a book on early 930s from Parabolica Press. It's around the same money. I nearly bought one knowing it was the holy grail of specific detals on these cars. I sold the 930 so never bought it. I would no doubt have learnt stuff I could not learn anywhere else.

I have a substantial Porsche book collection. Every one of them has fuzzy, incorrect, misleading and contradictory tails about the early cars.

You get what you pay for sometimes.

I have a substantial Porsche book collection. Every one of them has fuzzy, incorrect, misleading and contradictory tails about the early cars.

and the odd typo  :lol:B):Laughter:

Mind you , I've  seen some contradictory tails on 911s. I guess original ones are hard to find.

was feeling rich last year (times have changed). Spent $1000 on a 'limited edition' Singer book in a fancy case. 1 of 1000. The book was exactly the same as the others retailing for $150. The case was a the worst piece of design I have ever seen from Singer and delayed the delivery of the book by......1year!! So I was the dickhead who payed an $850 premium on a book that everyone else has read a year before....

good book though

.... Spent $1000 on a 'limited edition' Singer book in a fancy case. 1 of 1000. The book was exactly the same as the others retailing for $150. The case was a the worst piece of design I have ever seen from Singer and delayed the delivery of the book by......1year!! So I was the dickhead who payed an $850 premium on a book that everyone else has read a year before....

ouch.  So often the promise doesn't deliver the goods....

Archived