Mercedes Benz C250 W204 MY12/13

Bought a Car - 2013 C250, 52000km one owner, dealer service at the same dealer, car has Vision & AMG Pack so it has slight body kit, AMG wheels, better suspension, sunroof, better lights etc. Bought it from a Mercedes Dealer so it has the 2 year Factory Certified Warranty. Car just had its major service in August, pick it up Friday (they are fixing two wheels that had a slight scratch).

Most importantly - they agreed to trade my current daily (Saab), however they tried everything to avoid doing so.......

Thanks for the input.

Dave

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done with the new Merc.  Sounds like its similar to the one I used to own. 

Ha ha, nice to read that there are other Saab people on the forum.  I had two (yeah I know don't say it).  I always liked them and their quirky design so finally bought one in 2001.  I sold it in 2005 and was about to buy a Lexus when I came across a new 95 Aero that looked fantastic and went like a rocket so I bought it.  I did like it a lot, but did not like everyone saying "WHAT YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER SAAB??????".   I had a little more difficulty selling the 95 Aero though, only one person was interested and I dropped the price a lot to off load it.  It was garaged for the last two years of its life and only had 25000 KLMs on it in 2009 (still looked brand new).

...as it sits outside and often gets parked at the airport or train station car park...

Mission creep. 

...they are fixing two wheels that had a slight scratch...

But hey, congrats. 

R.I.P. Moosecrusher.

Nice one Dave, I'm sure you will enjoy :)

Cheers Adam, first MB, lets see how it goes

Well done with the new Merc.  Sounds like its similar to the one I used to own. 

Ha ha, nice to read that there are other Saab people on the forum.  I had two (yeah I know don't say it).  I always liked them and their quirky design so finally bought one in 2001.  I sold it in 2005 and was about to buy a Lexus when I came across a new 95 Aero that looked fantastic and went like a rocket so I bought it.  I did like it a lot, but did not like everyone saying "WHAT YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER SAAB??????".   I had a little more difficulty selling the 95 Aero though, only one person was interested and I dropped the price a lot to off load it.  It was garaged for the last two years of its life and only had 25000 KLMs on it in 2009 (still looked brand new).

Thanks Phil - I have owned 3 Saabs, love the cars (pre-GM cars were better). Mine is the 2008 Aero with the Holden V6, they shoe horned them in and it makes the car very difficult to work on. First owner paid $80k for it......today they are worthless, as they age and the parts dry up, they are essentially impossible to sell, so they just need to be driven into the ground, a real shame

R.I.P. Moosecrusher.

Dont jinx me, its not gone until its gone !!

So today I test drove a diesel c220 - what's the collective opinion on the diesels?  

I test drove the C250D and it was refined and quite powerful - it was actually the MB salesman who said to avoid it if I was doing low KM's and shorter runs inner city

With all the pollution reduction gear on them (and even more on it's way) the advantage of diesel over petrol is diminished.  I may be wrong but l think that there are countries currently considering banning or making them harder to own for the general automobile population.

Diesels are heavier, noisier and are more expensive to service.  They are suited to hauling and long distance.  Short distance will kill them as the exhaust needs to get really hot so it can burn off the particles.....the cars will have 'burn' routines programmed in just like they do for trucks and buses etc....if you don't allow it to do its thing, it'll break the system and will be $$$$ to fix.

The love for diesel is dying. Buy petrol power.  

With all the pollution reduction gear on them (and even more on it's way) the advantage of diesel over petrol is diminished.  I may be wrong but l think that there are countries currently considering banning or making them harder to own for the general automobile population.

Diesels are heavier, noisier and are more expensive to service.  They are suited to hauling and long distance.  Short distance will kill them as the exhaust needs to get really hot so it can burn off the particles.....the cars will have 'burn' routines programmed in just like they do for trucks and buses etc....if you don't allow it to do its thing, it'll break the system and will be $$$$ to fix.

The love for diesel is dying. Buy petrol power.  

Dying is the correct word to use! Diesel fumes are carcinogenic and actually contain far worse particulates than petrol engines. Diesels may produce slightly less CO2 and use less fuel but those "advantages" are far out weighed by the negatives!

Picked up the car last Friday, very impressed with it. When you hear "1.8L engine" it sounds awful but the reality is the amount of power and torque they get out of this thing is amazing. Its certainly more than adequate for a daily driver and I haven't felt it needed more grunt. The car is very refined and the safety technology (lane assist, warning systems etc.) is impressive, as is the command system. For under $30k with 2 years factory warranty I think its a lot of car...

7K36Pa5.jpg

SIfaEB3.jpg

H7T4anf.jpg

Looks very nice! No sunroof model too by the looks. I test drove an earlier W204 C200 Kompressor a few years ago, 1, the sunroof robbed too much headroom and 2, the S/C 4 sounded horrible and went the same, sounds like the turbo version fixes that!

It has a sunroof (Im pretty sure all of the later C250s got them) but the seat adjustment is fine so its not too low (but I am only 5'11")

Yes, the C200 is just too underpowered both in Kompressor and de-tuned 1.8L form

The alternative was to buy a Mini and drive around with doof doof music playing

pencil_skirt%2Cx300%2Cfront-c%2C145%2C17

says the man wearing the slightly tall trousers

18d3mhdwl9xy5jpg.jpg

How you dress down there on the Apfel island is your 70's business.

Archived