Mercedes Benz C250 W204 MY12/13

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slight thread drift....but I do love watching two old guys bitch slap each other about music on a car forum.........

What type of CDs did you find in the glove box Dave?  Gangnam?

Picked up the car last Friday, very impressed with it. When you hear "1.8L engine" it sounds awful but the reality is the amount of power and torque they get out of this thing is amazing. Its certainly more than adequate for a daily driver and I haven't felt it needed more grunt. The car is very refined and the safety technology (lane assist, warning systems etc.) is impressive, as is the command system. For under $30k with 2 years factory warranty I think its a lot of car...

7K36Pa5.jpg

SIfaEB3.jpg

H7T4anf.jpg

I had one of these (wagon) for 4 years from new, nearly 100,000ks when I sold it, never missed a beat. Great car.

• 9 months later...

How is the car going Dave @Ozvino ?

I just hired a new C200 for a week down the Great Ocean Road and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was!! It was "only" the 135kW 2.0 litre but it went extremely well (300 Nm helped with a lowish weight)! I loved the full manual mode and overall was left liking it a lot, even has me contemplating a wagon over my ML.... hmmmm!! Head room still an issue, but I just fit.....

5f2.jpg_l.jpg?progressive&_1

ae6.jpg_l.jpg?progressive&_1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, KGB said:

@ANF we have the wagon version, but it has a motor.  How tall are you, making headroom a problem?  I’m 186 and have no issues.

I would like a wagon version! Same height, longer spine me thinks and I like to sit upright :)

I think I could live with a C250, but maybe an E would be better, if they bloody still sold them here!!

5 hours ago, ANF said:

I would like a wagon version! Same height, longer spine me thinks and I like to sit upright :)

I think I could live with a C250, but maybe an E would be better, if they bloody still sold them here!!

Yes mate, I’m a duck as well...

Maybe the AMG seats sit lower?

8 minutes ago, KGB said:

Yes mate, I’m a duck as well...

Maybe the AMG seats sit lower?

Sunroof - yes or no?

How much room left in your GTS? I do know that the GTS seats are much thinner than S ones....

3 hours ago, ANF said:

Sunroof - yes or no?

How much room left in your GTS? I do know that the GTS seats are much thinner than S ones....

Yes.

I recline in the GTS, a lot.  So effectively zero headroom.

3 hours ago, KGB said:

Yes.

I recline in the GTS, a lot.  So effectively zero headroom.

Hmmm, that is odd then, on both accounts.... hire car had sunroof, less than a fingers width to roof!

S4 I sat in had sunroof and I had clear room sitting normally? Maybe GTS have luxo style seats? I clearly have to recline a lot and shuffle to fit into my S.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:05 PM, James P said:

If your interested? my father in law has a new Merc arriving very soon & is look to sell his 2009 E350 Coupe with full dealer history & about 75000 Kms car is like new.. price will be just under $30k

I had a 2010 E500 coupe and the 5.5lt V8 was a great engine but it was too heavy and too far forward for the chasis. I then drove the E250 and it was a totally different car, really nice to drive - I suspect the E350 is a great compromise.  

• 2 months later...

How are the W204's going lads? Is the earlier (i.e. 2008-2010) C200 Kompressor ok? 

Going to replace our daily grind shortly, and much research leads me to the W204 being a good candidate. Since it is going to be a mooring minder & station/local shops car, I don't tend to see the value on spending up for the later C250. 

cheers

42 minutes ago, edgy said:

How are the W204's going lads? Is the earlier (i.e. 2008-2010) C200 Kompressor ok? 

Going to replace our daily grind shortly, and much research leads me to the W204 being a good candidate. Since it is going to be a mooring minder & station/local shops car, I don't tend to see the value on spending up for the later C250. 

cheers

From my road test of one, most unimpressive, the turbo models are much better engine wise, kompressor sounds like a vacuum cleaner :)

Maybe I should rephrase that question: Aside from the obvious difference in output, are there any inherit issues with the SC 1.8L over the later Turbo? 

It’ll go 4km round trip 5 days a week and park under a Norfolk pine when it’s not at the station, hence my thoughts on not spending up for the later 250... so performance is not really a deal breaker or in the equation, we’d be talking 63 if it was ?... (really that’s what I want) 

Wife has a C250 W204, it's our daily drive.

I really like it, but we recently had to get the cam gears all done (expensive job), as the stock parts wear out it'll throw an ECL at high RPM / Load. Think it's a problem on all 1.8s.

some of the interier is low rent, I had to pull apart the center dash dial as a little peice of plastic broke stopping the rototion from working.

The styling hasn't really dated. Esp the later ones with the revised headlights.

The C200 is pretty slow, and the low spec diesels sound awful (and we didn't do enough freeway kms to keep the engines running well).

Think there were 3 non-AMG trim levels. Classic, Elegance, Avantgarde. The lower specs also felt quite cheap in places.

I have had a C320cdi for almost 10-years and it has been excellent - other than routine servicing, I have had a couple mechanical issues over that period including rear tail light globes popping (recall issue), a new wiring loom for injectors, a shut-off valve (???) that put it into limp home mode until remedied and engine mounts replacement (520Nm) - most of those are specific to the 3-litre diesel model so perhaps not relevant but with 150,000kms on the clock, the rest of the car has been solid and still feels tight in the body & suspension. Interior has held up very well with no issues (not even a light globe) although agree with the comment above that it looks a little industrial strength rather than luxurious.

Edgy, we bought a 2010 C200 about 30 months ago.  It was 6 yrs old and had <25 k kms on it, and it now has north of 125k kms. Cheap to run, the services are about $250-300 every 25k.  It's had new tyres, brake discs and pads, and an autobox service and that's about it.  They do have an issue with the rear tail lights earthing that cost about $240 a side to fix. Ours lives outside and normally gets washed when it rains. It just goes and goes mate.

Tyres, brakes, oils.. standard shit really! ? 

100,000 will take about 15 years at the current rate, so I think we’re good! Macan does all the long haul.

Seems like there is a hand full of lower mileage examples for reasonable money, options always good when looking. 

Cheers

Mine has been great - zero issues; note that MB servicing is expensive, if the car isn't under a warranty use an independent;  I think 2012 onwards they have been very good cars

The 250 has more go and usually comes with a few extra features 

Archived