CODE DETAILING PRODUCTS

Niko

I purchased some polish/wax and detailer at Motorclassica yesterday.:D

It's an English Company with a base in NSW.    Very good for Rolls Royce's apparently.:cool07:

Has anybody on the forum ever come across it before, or for that matter used it?

I gave it a small try today, (one rear guard) and have to say I am disappointed in the Polish.:(

Kept giving/leaving small cloudy sections which were extremely hard to get out...:PissedOff:

Wax seems ok.

I used their applicators and stuck with the directions.   Undercover in the garage, so sun not an issue.

Had to fall back on the ever reliable Autoglym polish to make me feel good again.:)

I am thinking it is more to do with the black car, but I was definitely told/promised that it actually thrives on black cars...:Confused02: 

I'm thinking I should never have "strayed" on my loyal Autoglym.:wub:

Be interested to hear if anyone else has used it...

CODE POLISH

To remove the residue marks left from the polish try spraying it with a Quick spray detailer eg Meguires or mothers instant detailer etc and wiping it off sometimes this is enough to get ride of the residue or take some of it off ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,otherwise Car Pro eraser is the best and a must have for a Black car it removes all the left over polish and those cloudy smears ..........I wouldn,t use that again on a Black Porsche save it for one of your other cars and stick with the Auto Glym ..

link to buy Car Pro Eraser locally ............

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/carpro/products/carpro-eraser-oil-residue-remover-50-500-1ltr-5ltr

Thanks for that, I have some instant detailer of various good brands, but never thought to try that.

That CAR PRO looks like it would be worth putting on the shelf.

And I agree with your good advice, I shouldn't have tried to out do the Auto Glym.

I will give the CODE another chance on the gun metal CX7 somewhere along the line, before I probably consign it to the bin, and put it down to experience.

The Eraser is good stuff and you only need a small amount  you just spay it on and remove with a clean micro fiber cloth much like the way you use a spray detailer ...

Black is a very difficult color at the best of times I generally stick with what I know works best on my Black 997 and even after reading peoples posts on new detailing products ,polish,s wax,s etc on the numerous car detailing forums,, I am very cautious when trying new products as many leave smears and residue ...I always try things out on my Red work ute first and then if they make the grade do a small test area on the Porsche and take things slow ..

I have shot myself in the foot over the years applying a brand of wax or polish that every one claimed was the best product for my car to the entire car only to find out that I coudn,t get the crap off and it left marks and smears all over the cars paint work  ...End result was I would have to wash the car again this time with a heavy detergent  to strip the product off and start all over again ,,,,time wasted very frustrating ,,, Nothing worse than spending hours on something and finding out that dose not work ...

Archived