PFA Members Offer

JB

Hi guys, 

moreso for the vic guys, in the past 4 months I finally had the opportunity and enacted a plan to make my hobby, skillset and passion my job, and am now running Magic Hand Car wash in Glen Iris.

We have been doing a lot of development of the team and training and are continuing upgrades throughout the site, and are now at the point where I feel comfortable in providing an offer to PFA members.

we already do have a few P Car regulars coming in but would like to extend an offer to other members.

If you come in to our site at 1557 High st Glen Iris and get a inside out, superior service or above and use code word “PFA” you will receive a 10% discount.

For the members that know me and my passion and attention to detail, my love for p cars sets my standard.

Thanks all, hopefully see you soon!

#note to Kerry or Hugh if this is not the right way to do this or not acceptable just let me know. Thanks Jonathan 

Shit on a stick, I drove past there 2 weeks ago in my (at the time) very filthy RRS, had I known it was your gaff I’d have dropped in ?

Will be around that area again soon, expect a big daft orange car ?

Hey guys... just thought I would give a shout out for the great work Jono has been doing at Magic Hands :)

Twilight drive

Have been going there for a while now and gotta say its great having a place where the p-car can get washed without worrying about some numb nuts messing up the finish, not caring about hard to reach brake dust or simply just not giving a rats about ALL the important detail.

Magic Hands

Also appreciate the peace of mind that comes when the guys know exactly which solvent to hit extra stubborn bug guts, tar, rubber, tree sap, bird crap etc without damaging the car 

can highly recommend if anyone out there is looking for a good car wash place near Glen Iris n Jono is usually good for a chat about all things Porsche when he not getting his hands dirty himself. Coffee while u wait is good too but best thing for me is less time washing means more time driving ... :)

Twilight drive

This is just down the road from me so happy to check it out. With all due respect though how confident can I be that whoever is washing my car will take the same kind of care I will? 

Hi! our process and training (assessing what the car needs rather than going through the motions) plus the majority of cars we get through in that area are high end, so $200-$500k cars are the norm....hence the team know how to handle and deal with the cars.

We have also use ph netural detergents, and ph netural wheel cleaner through suppliers such as Autosmart and Autoglym. plus 99% of the process is foolproof in the equipment we use. This is probably a good representation of the fact we now are doing alot of mercedes benz work s well as being a prefferred partner of sheen panels.

Plus - I will no doubt end up washing it myself if im there! lol.

Nice work JB. 

Down that way a lot for work, unfortunately your crew will have to put up with my SS Ute instead of a Porsche.

No probs fraz we taken em all!

Just around the corner from me ... 

Would you be upset if I came in an English car?

considering my entire life has evolved around lucas electrics, rovers, jags, triumphs and whatever else was known to catch fire, your more than welcome!!

Hi! our process and training (assessing what the car needs rather than going through the motions) plus the majority of cars we get through in that area are high end, so $200-$500k cars are the norm....hence the team know how to handle and deal with the cars.

We have also use ph netural detergents, and ph netural wheel cleaner through suppliers such as Autosmart and Autoglym. plus 99% of the process is foolproof in the equipment we use. This is probably a good representation of the fact we now are doing alot of mercedes benz work s well as being a prefferred partner of sheen panels.

Plus - I will no doubt end up washing it myself if im there! lol.

No probs fraz we taken em all!

considering my entire life has evolved around lucas electrics, rovers, jags, triumphs and whatever else was known to catch fire, your more than welcome!!

Thanks JB. Sounds great and I'll certainly come down with the daily car for a wash. Cheers. 

Awesome to see someone doing this properly! Like others I guess, I went once to a drive in/out car wash and once only! 

The idea / convenience is fantastic though, I'd always use one if I knew a good job is going to be done, like you're obviously doing.

Stopped in today with Mrs B’s DD

all good I have to say ??

my local at the Burvale has changed ownership and turned to shite so I was happy to give this a go 

was I there?  DD?

Stopped in today with Mrs B’s DD

all good I have to say ??

my local at the Burvale has changed ownership and turned to shite so I was happy to give this a go 

DD = C250 coupe

I did ask if you were there to introduce myself but the young lad booking ppl in said you weren't

Not sure what you look like but was it possible you were down the end of the line in the finishing area?

Took my DD the Jeep SRT there today and they did a great job. Introduced myself to JB and despite being busier than a one armed taxi driver with crabs he was happy to have a chat and shoot the breeze for a while. JB also was right on the front line - working up a serious sweat and making sure all the cars looked the business by the end of their wash. I'll be back. 

Was wondering how long it'd take here for a mention of our ethnic friends, the prolific carwash technicians... gotta be honest I don't let anyone wash/polish most of my cars except me - except for a real detailing expert

yeah always that perception, i suppose. I was the same until i got into it, it opens a very hearty discussion around aspects of today's society, youth and work ethic but i digress...

I have a good mix of team with probably 50% Indian guys, who to be honest leave the Australian kids for dead with work ethic and actually wanting to work, a shame really but i suppose i see it as the Indians are the Greeks and Italians of the 60's, 70's,80,s who build most of melbourne!

Not sure what you classify as a Real detailing expert?? 

My guys are formally trained and I have three qualified detailers plus myself, which Ive been detailing for 25 years, I trained in Aust and the UK which my expertise being Porsche paintwork, working for Porsche cars in the UK. We are qualified in basic detailing through to paint correction, scratch and dent repair. I have done work on contract for ferrari, massarati, bmw and mercedes. We are preferred partners of Merceds benz and sheen panel group in preparation and final detail of their cars.

I must admit you are correct there are some sites I have been to and just shudder in what I see, however there are also some mobile detailers out their who have bought a mobile business and have no formal training. Again i have seen some terrible workmanship, however in saying that i won't even start to disclose what i see in dealerships, albeit some of our favorite brands...... let's just say i get a lot of work in "fixing" internal dealership cars prior to sale after they have been "detailed" by their internal guys.....

The other misnomer is the guys like yourself who do their own cars at home. Whilst it seems a simple process, there is a difference between washing and cleaning a car, as well as little things you can do that over time actually damage the car. Alternatively there are ways to get a better result with less effort understanding completely that you want to do you own cars at home, I am happy to have a chat and help with any  tips or advice to upskill you whether it be chemicals, process or issues that you have been having, particularity if it's P cars!

Thanks all for the support

Cheers

Jonathan

DD = C250 coupe

I did ask if you were there to introduce myself but the young lad booking ppl in said you weren't

Not sure what you look like but was it possible you were down the end of the line in the finishing area?

Ahh no was no there, first saturday since start of the year i havent worked! I was at the races:rolleyes:

Next time?!

Hey JB don't get me wrong I wasn't denigrating the mostly Indians (it seems) that work the car washes ... just wondered how long before the usual "norm" in car wash staffing was raised here. I agree that mostly the Indians seem to be hard workers and happy to do so, unlike  a lot of our younger Aussies.

By detailing expert I am meaning someone who details in  all aspects of high end cars for a living, has decades of experience, has a factory well equipped I can inspect and watch him work, and is the actual person who corrects the paint, details, polishes removes dents etc etc etc and has the car for a week!.... there are a few in Melbourne and I've used one in particular with remarkable results. No doubt you are one of these but I expect you are not washing/ polishing my car when I bring it in for a 15 minute or half hour clean. I'd bring in my Boxter for anyone there to do a half hour session on it no probs coz it's ultimately a throw away car, but washing/polishing my other cars well, I only have myself to blame if I make a mark on the car or over time deteriorate it in some way and I am happy I'll avoid those scenarios..... 

Archived