PFA Members Offer

JB

Hey JB don't get me wrong I wasn't denigrating the mostly Indians (it seems) that work the car washes ... just wondered how long before the usual "norm" in car wash staffing was raised here. I agree that mostly the Indians seem to be hard workers and happy to do so, unlike  a lot of our younger Aussies.

By detailing expert I am meaning someone who details in  all aspects of high end cars for a living, has decades of experience, has a factory well equipped I can inspect and watch him work, and is the actual person who corrects the paint, details, polishes removes dents etc etc etc and has the car for a week!.... there are a few in Melbourne and I've used one in particular with remarkable results. No doubt you are one of these but I expect you are not washing/ polishing my car when I bring it in for a 15 minute or half hour clean. I'd bring in my Boxter for anyone there to do a half hour session on it no probs coz it's ultimately a throw away car, but washing/polishing my other cars well, I only have myself to blame if I make a mark on the car or over time deteriorate it in some way and I am happy I'll avoid those scenarios..... 

Certainly not all good from my perspective,!. Yes from the detailing perspective i have spent up to 4 days on a car ($2,000k+) but here its normally in a day as the customer wants the car back ( we are more volume based details). I did prepare one of the cars on show at motoclassica which i spent 2 days on myself, but again its that balance of what the customer wants in the end product and is willing to spend.

There are half a dozen guys in melbourne I would and do highly recommend, its about understanding what the customer is looking for in a finished product. Sometimes if i don't feel we can meet the expectations or have the time to dedicate I always refer.

Cheers for the input!

yeah always that perception, i suppose. I was the same until i got into it, it opens a very hearty discussion around aspects of today's society, youth and work ethic but i digress...

I have a good mix of team with probably 50% Indian guys, who to be honest leave the Australian kids for dead with work ethic and actually wanting to work, a shame really but i suppose i see it as the Indians are the Greeks and Italians of the 60's, 70's,80,s who build most of melbourne!

Very well said JB

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Scott930 said:

Called in there today, they did a great job on my filthy 930!

Admin day today so sorry I missed you, but the boys sent through a pic of your black beauty! It was filthy! 

Next time I’ll have to confiscate it..?

Thanks for the support

cheers

jonathan

48 minutes ago, JB said:

Admin day today so sorry I missed you, but the boys sent through a pic of your black beauty! It was filthy! 

Next time I’ll have to confiscate it..?

Thanks for the support

cheers

jonathan

Ha, I even considered giving it a "light" wash before dropping in so I didn't get too embarrassed by the state of it! Please don't judge me, it's not usually THAT bad! :unsure:

They did a top job, and the wait was less than I expected... I'll be back.

• 1 month later...

Called in last week with the 991 and had a chat with JB.

They did a great job on the car and as previously mentioned not a bad coffee either B)

I probably drive past 4-6 other car wash places to get there but its worth it.

Went and saw JB today with the SC. As always he did a great job and the result was top notch. I even got to meet his old man today who came up and introduced himself and compliment the SC's colour. JB's very pedantic and treats the cars like his own - exactly what you want. Thanks JB!

Anthony 

• 1 month later...

Hit up the carwash today, had a great experience, dropped the car off and took my dog for a walk.  @JB runs a slick operation and you can tell really cares about up skilling his staff.

Look forward to dropping by on the weekends!

Archived