Lorbek Prestige Cars

Notice that Lorbek in Melbourne have a few P cars listed, 1 of which I am potentially interested in.  Some of the social media and internet reviews are a bit mixed.

Can anyone who has dealt with them PM me to give me their views.

thanks  Peter

Notice that Lorbek in Melbourne have a few P cars listed, 1 of which I am potentially interested in.  Some of the social media and internet reviews are a bit mixed.

Can anyone who has dealt with them PM me to give me their views.

thanks  Peter

Search this forum - better still, just google, you will find a number of horror stories, certainly enough to allow you to make an informed decision

If you do go ahead, make sure you PPI with Porsche Centre Melbourne

Search this forum - better still, just google, you will find a number of horror stories, certainly enough to allow you to make an informed decision

If you do go ahead, make sure you PPI with Porsche Centre Melbourne

Yep, certainly get that message about PPI elsewhere loud & clear :)  Not particularly impressed with first contact by phone in any case, salesman virtually wanted me to put a deposit on it to hold it for me.  Told him he was getting a bit ahead of himself as it was only one of a number I'm looking at.  He was with other customers at the time, told me he'd ring me back, still waiting......

There is no shortage of modern Porsches in the market, stick to your guns, the right car will come along at the right dealer/from the right seller.

I just bought a used Mercedes Benz from an MB dealership - couldn't speak highly enough of the experience, it was very professional. The way they treated me, you would have thought I just bought a Maybach. Dealer principal wouldn't let me leave until I would guarantee a 5 star rating on the MB survey that I would get. His position was I don't want you to leave until you guarantee me a rating of 5 in regards to the purchase experience, so tell me what I have to do to secure that.  

A lot to be said about buying a used car from a marque dealership - yes you pay more, but there is often a reason for that. 

Agree, but unfortunately the principle with Porsche dealerships seems to be that if a car is more than 2 or 3 years old they just wholesale them out to car yards.  We bought our Boxster from Autohaus Hamilton and am more than happy to deal with them again, in fact will be visiting next week to check out the 2 996s they have there.  Now if only the grey one was a manual.......

Have also spoken to our local dealership to see if they had any deals in the offing which involved a 996 trade, probably should do that with the Vic dealerships too..

Archived