Forum dropouts

LeeM

I'm not sure what to say here... we're just not getting these issues at our end, or on our browsers, however we have lodged a ticket and are looking at upgrading the software as a part of regular maintenance this week so hopefully this will solve any continuing issues.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we are trying to track down the issue.

Kerry

FYI... We are in the process of making some major hosting changes in order to take the onus off the software company, and make all the service issues our responsibility so we can deal with these issues MUCH more quickly. As a part of this restructuring, we have had to source new staff and new skill sets. It also means a significant upgrading of our servers etc.

I'm just pointing this out so that you know we are serious about getting this poor service sorted out. We're excited about this change, and about the new services that we will be offering our members, but thats about all I can say now... ;)

K

1. a person who has abandoned a course of study or who has rejected conventional society to pursue an alternative lifestyle.

2. Dropout is a regularization technique for reducing overfitting in neural networks by preventing complex co-adaptations on training data

-----------------------------

I'm just happy I can get on the site sometimes. Well done Kerry for all your behind the scenes gobbledejuke that keeps the PFA jalopy rolling :)

Outages continue for me. I’m in the USA at the moment, probably 100 miles from the data centre where the site is hosted....and performance sucks at times.....

Get into the Pickup, drive down there and sort 'em!

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful what you wish for....

NEW & IMPROVED VERSION NOW IN USE!!!

So, hopefully this has answered all the dropout issues (so I'm led to believe) and the signal has been totally restored! (beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeep, ____________________  beep beep beep  BEEP  BEEP  BEEP ....)

:)

On 11/8/2017 at 3:32 PM, Ozvino said:

Outages continue for me. I’m in the USA at the moment, probably 100 miles from the data centre where the site is hosted....and performance sucks at times.....

FYI Down the track, and not too far, we'll be hosting the forum across a network of 70 odd servers around the world, which will mean that the signal will be available directly from the states (in multiple places), from Europe (multiples), Sth America, NZ, etc etc etc (even 'Stralia!)..... We've already swopped over one of our other business sites and the difference was quite pronounced.

10 hours ago, Kerry said:

FYI Down the track, and not too far, we'll be hosting the forum across a network of 70 odd servers around the world, which will mean that the signal will be available directly from the states (in multiple places), from Europe (multiples), Sth America, NZ, etc etc etc (even 'Stralia!)..... We've already swopped over one of our other business sites and the difference was quite pronounced.

excellent @Kerry, thanks for the update and dedication to the cause

Cheers

Dave

Archived