• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OUTATIME said:

Definitely! Fully loaded and from what I’ve read the Chrono may actually improve the tiptronic. While it doesn’t do a great deal of things on the manual apparently it does a lot more on the auto with shift patterns (I’m not a techie.. yet) Problem though the market seems to kick tiptronic 997.1 models pretty hard regardless compared to manuals. An excellent ride despite this especially if you added quality flappy paddles instead of the buttons for manual mode. 

Sports on a tip greatly improves it, even though a tip is still pretty good (just that PDK is better). The market aint in favour on tips in 997 S I know that. 

15 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

Nicely optioned but IMO PCCB are a disadvantage. Nice bragging but can be a problem if abused, re chipped. Thorough PPI required just for the brakes. at around $6000 a pair of discs they need a thorough inspection and if owning you have to look after them re wheels off and wheels on. Also IMO they don't feel as good on the street as the usual S brakes and they can (not will or do) squeal quite annoyingly in traffic and sometimes have to keep slamming your brakes sharply every 5 min to stop it. Incidently the same launch model (manual) that sat there on CS for 2 months at about 95 to 93K finally moved. It had one (two?) chipped PCCB discs that a PPI picked up ... also 2 major overevs in range 6

4 hours ago, P-Kay said:

That's Carrera S money

just sayin'

P, it is an S 

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Looking at a 997, it's in Sydney.

Serviced at Volksmuller,  anyone have an experience with them.

Also a PPI in Sydney, autohaus or anywhere ELSE?  Car is in the western suburbs 

Thanks

I'm a noob in the Porsche world. Autohaus have been very thorough and very professional. 

40205744514_1ec209be0f_k.jpg

It's a crazy world. 

Gold Coast Porsche put this 997.2S on the market on Friday:  2011, Carrera S, PDK, sports chrono, turbo 2 wheels, no other significant options, only 18,500 km.  Big asking price though, $160k.  I expressed interest yesterday.  First thing this morning the sales rep sent me an email with a proposed price.  Before I could respond (let alone haggle) he sent me a follow-up email saying that another sales rep had just sold the car.  Total time on market . . . less than 2 business days.

42 minutes ago, npvpositive said:

It's a crazy world boys. 

Gold Coast Porsche put a 997.2S on the market on Friday:  2011, Carrera S, PDK, sports chrono, turbo 2 wheels, no other significant options, only 18,500 km.  Big asking price though, $160k.  I expressed interest yesterday.  First thing this morning the sales rep sent me an email with a proposed price.  Before I could respond (let alone haggle) he sent me a follow-up email saying that another sales rep had just sold the car.  Total time on market . . . less than 2 business days.

Wow

42 minutes ago, npvpositive said:

It's a crazy world boys. 

Gold Coast Porsche put a 997.2S on the market on Friday:  2011, Carrera S, PDK, sports chrono, turbo 2 wheels, no other significant options, only 18,500 km.  Big asking price though, $160k.  I expressed interest yesterday.  First thing this morning the sales rep sent me an email with a proposed price.  Before I could respond (let alone haggle) he sent me a follow-up email saying that another sales rep had just sold the car.  Total time on market . . . less than 2 business days.

Nice Looking car.  The ducks nuts

On 20/03/2018 at 2:38 PM, npvpositive said:

It's a crazy world. 

Gold Coast Porsche put this 997.2S on the market on Friday:  2011, Carrera S, PDK, sports chrono, turbo 2 wheels, no other significant options, only 18,500 km.  Big asking price though, $160k.  I expressed interest yesterday.  First thing this morning the sales rep sent me an email with a proposed price.  Before I could respond (let alone haggle) he sent me a follow-up email saying that another sales rep had just sold the car.  Total time on market . . . less than 2 business days.

Great looking car - it went on the market around March 2 (ask me how I know :mellow:) but even so, a sale in a couple of weeks at the top of the price range is a good result and speaks to the car; the 997s look fantastic in white

20 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Great looking car - it went on the market around March 2 (ask me how I know :mellow:) but even so, a sale in a couple of weeks at the top of the price range is a good result and speaks to the car; the 997s look fantastic in white

That's weird because it didn't come up in my standard Carsales search until last Friday (16th).  Maybe the dealer didn't put it up for a few days

1 minute ago, npvpositive said:

That's weird because it didn't come up in my standard Carsales search until last Friday (16th).  Maybe the dealer didn't put it up for a few days

It came up in my daily email back then, i have noticed the Carsales email feeds are very flaky and not always reliable

I didnt buy the car but if it was in Melbourne I would have looked at it for sure

Suddenly everyone in Australia is trading in their white 997 GTS.  Pity they all seem to have been specced with the centre lock wheels . . . I don't love the look on a normal 997 body and if you get a flat your'e stuffed.
39298542260_f7db5456b8_k.jpg

Centre locks were standard on Aus deliveries only uk delivered cars had the option of no centre locks and regardless of that they don’t carry a spare wheel anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Spectre said:

BWA were very good.  PPI didn't progress very far before they stopped and picked up the phone :(

Bummer. But good to hear the PPI paid off and that You were happy with BWA!

Archived