• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, 901er said:

Oh man, now I want pdk! 

theres no cure for this P sickness is there? 

You just bought a car.....:P :P :P

8 minutes ago, npvpositive said:

Congrats!  I've pretty much given up on finding a manual Gen 2 997 and am now looking for a good PDK myself.  Don't think I really want the GTS . . . prefer the narrow body look of the base model and S, plus I'm not a huge alcantara fan.

I've never had a PDK before, but after researching them, I had to have one.

The 997.2 is pretty rare, with not many being sold during the GFC.

This one is Basalt Black, as was my 996.2 GT3 and as they say, once you have black you never go back....:D :D :D

It has a two tone interior, black and sand beige, which is also pretty rare The two tone only came with full leather interior and it has done 30000 k's, which is also nice.

Cheers,

Geoff. 

What a strange month it has been for the 997 GTS . . . there were none for sale for a long time, then a single black GTS came on the market and sold quite quickly, and then suddenly the WHITE WAVE hit. 

They're moving well though . . .  

40551454745_2627e477ef_h.jpg

if they were all at the five year mark it would make sense a big batch came of leases around the same time, but seven years seems a bit odd... Unless all off their second three year leases?!

This one seems odd . . . dealer actually increased the asking price over the weekend . . . and is now showing the car as sold.  Perhaps he saw how quickly the other GTS cars sold over the past three weeks and decided he could push the boat out a bit further.

39676448810_84270410cd_b.jpg

This nice low km, manual, seal grey 997.1 popped up and sold within a few hours today on Carsales at a very full price (advertised price $125k, obviously no idea what it sold for). They definitely move faster in NSW than elsewhere it seems...

• 2 months later...

Hey guys

Just wondering what a 997.1 C2 tiptronic is worth? There's 3 Aus delivered with 90,000kms for around $70k. The midnight blue one seems to have been there for at least 6 months. Are these all just sitting there waiting for non existent buyers or are they asking too much? 997 pricing seems to be all over the place. Other than these 3, the rest are $10k+ more with almost a $30k difference between the cheapest and most expensive mk1 tip.

I am only watching Manual prices closely but they are all over the place too. That last comment I wrote is proved wrong by two low km manual S’s sitting for sale for a few weeks at dealers in Sydney (one same price now after being $130k, one less) now. There are other S & non-S at various price points that have sat forever too.

A manual S sold in hours privately for $80k last weekend, so that’s definitely a sell price it seems, I guess a tip might sell fast at $60k then?

Seems like 997 owners are in “these are the next classic” pricing mode but buyers aren’t quite there yet...?

2 hours ago, Simonk said:

Hey guys

Just wondering what a 997.1 C2 tiptronic is worth? There's 3 Aus delivered with 90,000kms for around $70k. The midnight blue one seems to have been there for at least 6 months. Are these all just sitting there waiting for non existent buyers or are they asking too much? 997 pricing seems to be all over the place. Other than these 3, the rest are $10k+ more with almost a $30k difference between the cheapest and most expensive mk1 tip.

Tiptronics in 987 Boxsters seem to move on the market ok at reasonable prices compared to manuals and PDK's. And compared to tippers in all 997' models they move on way quicker. They're a damn good auto and aggressive enough if you want them to be, especially when Sports Chrono is involved

On 6/20/2018 at 1:56 PM, JWM said:

Seems like 997 owners are in “these are the next classic” pricing mode but buyers aren’t quite there yet...?

Maybe not true for the 997 GTS, it seems to already be heading for classic status.  For example, Hexagon in London is stockpiling 997 GTS inventory.  I appreciate that I'm biased as an owner, but it was pretty amazing to see 9 Australian GTS cars (8 white and 1 black) quickly sell when that strange wave of them hit the market earlier this year.  At $180k-$200k they were hardly cheap, but the market soaked them up within a few weeks. 

33 minutes ago, npvpositive said:

Maybe not true for the 997 GTS, it seems to already be heading for classic status.  For example, Hexagon in London is stockpiling 997 GTS inventory.  I appreciate that I'm biased as an owner, but it was pretty amazing to see 9 Australian GTS cars (8 white and 1 black) quickly sell when that strange wave of them hit the market earlier this year.  At $180k-$200k they were hardly cheap, but the market soaked them up within a few weeks. 

Very true, that was stunning to see all those sell so quickly as per your screenshots. 

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving this thread...

I was initially looking at late model 996s but there a not many about so I'm now onto 997s.

Is this anyone here?

This started at $83k, then dropped to $80k now back up to $82K

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/SSE-AD-5323084/?Cr=2

Do I assume IMS work will need to be done (apologies for bringing this up - probs for the millionth time) 

On 7/15/2018 at 8:46 PM, Dave986 said:

Reviving this thread...

I was initially looking at late model 996s but there a not many about so I'm now onto 997s.

Is this anyone here?

This started at $83k, then dropped to $80k now back up to $82K

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/SSE-AD-5323084/?Cr=2

Do I assume IMS work will need to be done (apologies for bringing this up - probs for the millionth time) 

Based on the listing it is a my06 which is likely to have the later design bearing which is of less concern. 

13 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

Thanks @t888, just realised this also has the Sports Chrono too...hmmmm

Dave worth a look it’s not an S has chrono and the optioned steering wheel. 

No sports exhaust, really need to ensure it’s got a full service history but looks the goods. I think anything with a 7 in it abd ist a great buy.

if your not in vic happy to go kick the tyres on it..

cheers

I wouldn't worry much about the sports exhaust.  My 997 has one and I hardly ever remember to use it . . . to be honest the difference between on/off isn't that much with the standard sports exhaust.  If you want noise then you'll need to go after market

Archived