PFA Site Upgrades...

Kerry

Hi All,

Over the next couple of weeks we will be upgrading the PFA site.

This will include later today (Friday 17th Nov) an upgrading of the software.

We are confident that this will solve the various little gremlins which have crept into the system over the past few months including into email notifications, short offline outages etc.

All the functionality of the site will remain the same, in fact you will probably notice that there is going to be extra functionality!

As well, some of the colours of text and titles may look a little different. We won't know exactly until it is converted however there should not be any significant disruption to your interaction with the PFA.

I'll keep you in the loop as things come to hand on this thread so please FOLLOW this if you wish to be kept abreast of the changes as they happen. Otherwise, sit back, relax, and enjoy the (hopefully) uneventful ride! LOL!

Kerry

Hi All,

Over the next couple of weeks we will be upgrading the PFA site.

This will include later today (Friday 17th Nov) an upgrading of the software.

We are confident that this will solve the various little gremlins which have crept into the system over the past few months including into email notifications, short offline outages etc.

All the functionality of the site will remain the same, in fact you will probably notice that there is going to be extra functionality!

As well, some of the colours of text and titles may look a little different. We won't know exactly until it is converted however there should not be any significant disruption to your interaction with the PFA.

I'll keep you in the loop as things come to hand on this thread so please FOLLOW this if you wish to be kept abreast of the changes as they happen. Otherwise, sit back, relax, and enjoy the (hopefully) uneventful ride! LOL!

Kerry

Thanks Kerry, I’m sure I speak on behalf of many who appreciate PFA.

Cheers All, apparently yesterday was not today but tomorrow in the US so nothing as yet, but, if it didn't happen overnight, it will happen, won't it!?!

#Troubleshooter, hopefully I won't have to take you up on your moniker! ;)

Cheers All, apparently yesterday was not today but tomorrow in the US so nothing as yet, but, if it didn't happen overnight, it will happen, won't it!?!

#Troubleshooter, hopefully I won't have to take you up on your moniker! ;)

I'm not your man Kerry, I can fix many things in all areas but computers and web platforms etc etc are not my forte, that's what young sons are for;)

9 hours ago, WOKA said:

Any chance of a tapatalk mod or similiar..?

Hi WOKA.

Have you checked out the new mobile version of this forum (overnight?), hopefully it will make life easier, or, if you prefer to use tapatalk to access the forum, then this is something that you do via their app. Let me know what you think... K

14 minutes ago, Harvs11 said:

It's like Xmas when you wake up early and find surprises under the tree.  

Thanks @Kerry and all your busy elves. 

I found the "unread content" button ok. Now,  Is there a way to see recent, already read posts so I can go back to them later?

Hey Harvs. 

Is this what you're looking for? "Content started"?

Screenshot 2017-11-19 08.17.31.png

17 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Hi WOKA.

Have you checked out the new mobile version of this forum (overnight?), hopefully it will make life easier, or, if you prefer to use tapatalk to access the forum, then this is something that you do via their app. Let me know what you think... K

Hey Harvs. 

Is this what you're looking for? "Content started"?

Screenshot 2017-11-19 08.17.31.png

"All Activity" works for me. Just like the old Star button.    Thanks. ??

39 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Hi WOKA.

Loving the new mobile version - although can’t find on tapatalk. Am I doing something wrong or are the wheels still in motion?

5 hours ago, wilburforce said:

Loving the new mobile version - although can’t find on tapatalk. Am I doing something wrong or are the wheels still in motion?

I've added this to the latest ticket, I'll get back to you as soon as I know... 

FYI: I've asked why all the LIKES have fallen off the radar, and the official response is: 

"Hello,  If you used the upvote and downvote on the old system, those are a number based system and don't convert to reactions I'm afraid."

Again, not the sort of thing we were told would happen until you actually see it. A bit annoying, however now we can react using these: Screenshot 2017-11-19 14.56.01.png                       (<_<)

2 minutes ago, Kerry said:

I've added this to the latest ticket, I'll get back to you as soon as I know... 

FYI: I've asked why all the LIKES have fallen off the radar, and the official response is: 

"Hello,  If you used the upvote and downvote on the old system, those are a number based system and don't convert to reactions I'm afraid."

Again, not the sort of thing we were told would happen until you actually see it. A bit annoying, however now we can react using these: Screenshot 2017-11-19 14.56.01.png                       (<_<)

Thanks for the update Kerry - no doubt you’ve had a busy time in the changeover!

Not sure why tapatalk isn't picking up the PFA as the new drivers have been installed... I can't get it on my mobile but keep an eye out as it should turn up soon... I'll let you know when I can see it there.

• 1 month later...

Hey @Kerry... Question on how PFA & Tapatalk work:

if you like or post something on Tapatalk does it propagate back to PFA? It obviously goes the other way....  I view a a lot on Tapatalk on my phone and it doesn't seem to reflect my likes on PFA when I click on Tapatalk. Is this right?

:huh:

Philbee, the interaction with Tapatalk is an extension/service  that we provide for those members that use it, I have no idea about it though and when I’ve looked at it, I think I prefer to just use the forum, but what else would I say?! ?

Archived