HELP Buying MY09 - 11 Cayenne diesel INFO NEEDED

Troubleshooter

Hi guys, best mate is looking for a 09 Cayenne diesel and needs some knowledge and I have none on these except what I've deciphered on car sales.

MY09/10 has 6 speed Sports Trans and MY11 has 8 speed Tiptronic and is an updated model in general. Any faults well known with either model? Especially the 6 speed trans since it lasted only one year with the diesel?

Keen for info quick if anyone can elaborate, thanks

We've got a my10 - known faults (which we've had) include a gradual clogging of one of the pipes & manifold that is part of the EGR system...which shows up as a 'check engine' light.  Had them cleaned out & that's it for another 100k.  The plastic engine cover is known to develop a rattle/vibration at around 80 - 100k & that's all we've encountered to date (130k on ours at the moment).  Our mechanic (who used to be work at pcss before setting up his own shop) seems to think they're fairly indestructible in a basic driveline sense.  Ours still feels solid & rattle free at 130k...   Various bits of plastic trim (door sill scuff plate, tiptronic shifter button & scuff plate in boot) have required re attaching.

In terms of the transmission - I'm quite happy with it both during highway travel and pootling around town.  If you need to give it a big boot it kicks down and responds well.  There is a noticeable difference between the 'normal' and 'sports' setttings both in terms of throttle response and gear change points wrt revs.  

Archived