2 minutes ago, 9r said:

Like Steve been using Mr Sheen (pot pourri being my personal fav) on my bikes for over 25 years and never had any issues, in fact the number of times I have used the tradional suds and water wash (on them) in that time would be in the very low 10’s (yes I’m not counting the dirt bikes here!)

My oldest bike is 18 and it still looks (and smells) great ?

Me too, the paintwork on my 851 is perfect (except for a few minor racing scars )and it has never been washed in Evian water or polished with the secretion of some semi extinct Brazilian rainforest microbe in  28 years 

Yes I would mike737.  Used judiciously like petrol and diesel,  it'll clean stuff.   You rinse it off afterwards. 

I expect that the Mr Sheen manufacturer would have tested it as has the public for many years and if kero product is okay for fine furniture, I'd be surprised if it's not okay for paint in such miniscule quantity.

2 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Jeez Mike, you are as sucked in as women with wrinkle cream.

It's      eeerrrr     aaarrrrrr      ok for old blokes to use wrinkle cream though......isn't it:ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Mike737 said:

Wish it was the case. Happy to show you the effects of the chemicals on paint, not of the wrinkle cream. ;)

I can show you some 28 year old paint with no effects, I think you may have been listening to some snake oil salesmen 

Pot Pouri - ah the aroma  , my balls even shine after sitting next to a Mr Sheened tank all those years ;)  I with you Stevo , polished my ducati tank 20+ years and the plastics and carbon even no dramas

I have raced Gokarts on & off for 30 years & Mr Sheen was always the go to product for cleaning & sprucing up the kart, whether at the track or in the garage. There are many different types of coatings on a kart (e.g: powder coat, anodising, chrome, decals, plastic, aluminium & painted areas) & have never had a problem with using Mr Sheen.

Archived