Towing with a Macan

Pork Chops

I got this today. I suspect it too might meet my towing needs :o.

IMG_3470-L.jpg

Toe in at the rear for stability. Not joking, it’s got a stability management program as they’re near impossible to keep straight.

IMG_3460-L.jpg

Boys vs beast

IMG_3463-L.jpg

Wheelie bar. You can pop the front up at almost any speed on any terrain. @Skidmarks at 1/8 scale this is some serious rubber.

IMG_3475-L.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/12/2017 at 10:59 AM, Pork Chops said:

^ as if :)

I’d be terrified of the depreciation on a $150k Audi. I know all of these options are going to have a lot of depreciation, but I think an expensive Audi is the worst option. Second hand Porsche is probably the best.

Considering we looked at buying a 2007 Cayenne 3 weeks ago for $18k with 200kms on the clock, mega depreciation is a normality with any car

On 21/12/2017 at 11:41 AM, Pork Chops said:

Thanks towing guys!  I've amended the order and swapped out the evil adaptive cruise for the amazing and compulsory air suspension.  When I placed the order the guy says 'that's a great options list'.  When I change my mind he says 'I think that's the right choice'.  Seems a day makes all the difference :Confused02:.

Final options list is 

Air sus, sports chrono, keyless entry, 360 camera, sunroof, towbar, roof rails, sideblades red, aluminium ext package, power steer plus, comfort lighting, the 14 way comfort seats in place of the sport ones, seat heating and ventilation (front only), floor mats! and black brushed aluminium interior package.  Phew.  Don't add the $$ up as it's embarrassing.

You will not regret adding the AS, I use the variable ride height to tweak the ramp approach angle when loading the trailer... putting the cars suspension in “off-road mode” raises the car significantly and eases up the trailer ramp approach angle quite a lot. 

Aside from that, it rides well when loaded and self levels as you’re now well aware...

Good option list, sport chrono is the only one that I personally wouldn’t bother with... I have it in a GT3 and don’t use it, so cannot for the life of me see why I’d have it in the family bus. 

Do you have a Porsche code?

yes the $$$ ads up, I was stressed out until I to delivery... now I don’t think about it! it’s everything we could ever want. 

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd put some notes in here for the punters and my recent experience, I just got my new Nevco trailer last week, when hooking the new trailer up, my lights were not working. We initially thought this was that the car wasn't compatible for the LED lights on the trailer (I'd only towed trailers with incandescent before) they suggested I may need a resistor block to make it work. 

Long story short, the next day I called my contact in service and he got me in that day, it turns out the module was faulty, these cars are fine to go both ways (unlike some) they replaced it same day and got me back on the road for my weekend road trip to Melbourne, so kudos to PCSS for the prompt fix. 

I went mad the night before googling it, it was an issue on earlier 92a Cayennes but not for us, if you have this issue, this is what you need to look at first! I have the factory fitted bar (fitted from 2016+) for what its worth. 

Oh and the new trailer gets me between 16.5 - 17.0 L per 100km, the old ones I used to rent were getting me about 20L / 100km. Can't recommend the guys at Nevco enough if you're in the market for a trailer. 

32 minutes ago, edgy said:

Oh and the new trailer gets me between 16.5 - 17.0 L per 100km, the old ones I used to rent were getting me about 20L / 100km. Can't recommend the guys at Nevco enough if you're in the market for a trailer. 

That's about what I get towing our 19 1/2 ft caravan with a diesel Territory, so not sure if that's good mileage or not.......

6 hours ago, edgy said:

Just thought I'd put some notes in here for the punters and my recent experience, I just got my new Nevco trailer last week, when hooking the new trailer up, my lights were not working. We initially thought this was that the car wasn't compatible for the LED lights on the trailer (I'd only towed trailers with incandescent before) they suggested I may need a resistor block to make it work. 

Long story short, the next day I called my contact in service and he got me in that day, it turns out the module was faulty, these cars are fine to go both ways (unlike some) they replaced it same day and got me back on the road for my weekend road trip to Melbourne, so kudos to PCSS for the prompt fix. 

I went mad the night before googling it, it was an issue on earlier 92a Cayennes but not for us, if you have this issue, this is what you need to look at first! I have the factory fitted bar (fitted from 2016+) for what its worth. 

Second the thoughts on Nevco - great support when needed.

Archived