[VIC] PORSCHE HANGAR BANGER!

Kerry

PORSCHE HANGAR Poster.03.jpg

Our fellow member John Orchard (Polorot) has generously created an event down in Geelong for us in his soon to be demolished Trans Otway Hangar.

Essentially, John wants to offer an opportunity for us all to get together throughout the day and night of the 20th January for a very social and chilled time, with a public display component in the afternoon. Hence we have 2 timeframes - Punters in their Pcars: 11am - LATE; and the General Public Display - 1 - 6pm.

The hangar will hold up to around 80 cars internally, and should we need it we have John's carpark immediately next door for another 60 cars. (1st in, will be 1st hangered!)

We will have various food and beverage options available on the day (food trucks/coffee truck etc), with exact details as they come to hand here on this thread.

WHERE/WHEN/WHY/WHO?

SATURDAY, 20TH JANUARY 2018.

PCAR PUNTERS: 11AM - LATE

PUBLIC DISPLAY: 1 - 6PM

CORNER FENWICK and RYRIE Sts, DOWNTOWN GEELONG

(enter off FENWICK St)

BRING:   DECKCHAIRS! BEVERAGES! PORSCHES! SIGNIFICANT OTHERS! INSIGNIFICANT OTHERS! MASCOTS! GLENMORANGIE! TALL STORIES! etc, and in no particular order...

MAKE A NIGHT OF IT!

ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS: TBC.

REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BELOW WITH A POST...

IN:

John, Kerry & AnneMaree, Hugh & Vic & Brood, Gut, StevepGT3, Chris-p, Dalai, Mike-S, Tit, KGB, Fraz, GregAx, deano, Okrasa Kid, Big Easy, Troubleshooter, TrevMcRev, Philbee, Nick S, Rod C, Lucky Phil, Pork Chops, P-Kay, Andy73, tdc911, dan_189, Airhead, Stew F, (THATS 30 CARS!), AB_981, nbauto, Pork Chops, poli84, D-Banger, Zelrik911, Tintin Audio, Scott SS964, deano, Harvs11, Ozvino, deankat and his Dad, LeeM, AP911, TwoHeadsTas, T-Man, 9fan, JD86, Lucky Phil, 911B, Mike737, Skidmarks, (THATS 54! B))

Screenshot 2017-12-12 16.04.32.2.png

Screenshot 2017-12-12 16.01.29.2.png

Some history of the building....

First erected in Port Moresby in the Second World War, then transported down to Geelong where it was the Trans Otway bus terminal.

\25139039_1611746145585555_41025434_o.jpg

shed.jpg

...but before this grand old hanger is pushed over, help us take it out in style!

25181778_1611745248918978_1710042584_n.jpg

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kid says – IN! ……………and FFS could this finally be the debut of the HERETIC?

The return of OLD SKOOL - Carbs, Camshaft (Singular NOT Plural), Points and Pushrods! 

Who needs Six Cylinders or Turbos (Singular or Plural) when you only weight 500 Kilo's!

More curves than Kim Kardashian and smarter too!

HERETIC 7 .JPG

10 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

In

""soon to be demolished Trans Otway Hangar""

Noooo -- Mr chops, here's your new shed for the farm!

Could be an idea...

I'm on a board the Spirit, to Tassie the day following.  I'd say I'm a dead cert for the day and see how I go for the night (only my wife can stop me.... but she has special powers!).

Should be a great event.  Used to be the largest bus depot in the southern hemisphere, so it would be fitting if this was the largest Porsche gathering in the southern hemisphere.

26 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

Used to be the largest bus depot in the southern hemisphere, so it would be fitting if this was the largest Porsche gathering in the southern hemisphere.

(Clarkson voice) Some say..............it will be the largest Porsche gathering..............in the w o r l d . 

Archived