luftgekuhlt anyone going?

turboT

7 hours ago, symsy said:

Im up for the visit if anyones going over ...

7 minutes ago, itsujack said:

I'm very tempted too, just depends on other trips.

Thinking of flying in the wednesday before and leaving on the Monday after. There was a number of cool gatherings on the Saturday last year and I’ve got to know all manner of p-car nuts through Insta. Has to be an opportunity for a big drive and a couple of work shop visits at the very least. 

Next I have to figure out how I can legally drive mr POLO whilst I am there..

Hertz at LAX have a range of Porsche’s available for rent, just an FYI - you can book luxury cars online, take a look at the website and it will calculate costs 

I’m also thinking of going to the new Porsche experience Centre in Los Angles next month, I’ll report back on it

WOW this event looks great !

A few more of the Melbourne based guys are seriously considering attending.

What's the deal does one have to buy tickets either beforehand or at the venue or is it free attendance?

Great opportunity also  to visit a number of tuning shops and acquiring some P-car bits ( I need a twin plug dizzy)

6 minutes ago, Okrasa Kid said:

WOW this event looks great !

A few more of the Melbourne based guys are seriously considering attending.

What's the deal does one have to buy tickets either beforehand or at the venue or is it free attendance?

Great opportunity also  to visit a number of tuning shops and acquiring some P-car bits ( I need a twin plug dizzy)

Ticket

20 hours ago, turboT said:

got a 912 having a few extra HP added in LA. A bit of an excuse to go for a test drive before shipping it home. This looked pretty cool last year and was thinking of hanging a trip around it

IMG_3372_zpslyuus5y2.jpg

will be working in Panama so maybe......

Check out https://turo.com/ if you want to rent something a bit more interesting while you are over there. I rented a Maserati while I was there earlier this year. They sent an Uber to pick me up from the airport and took me to the car nearby, and the same when I left. It cost me about the same as a 'luxury' car from Hertz or similar (In NY a Toyota Avalon was their idea of a luxury car).

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2018 at 2:42 PM, 3.2SSE said:

Just had a message back from Patrick Long #5 will be within 15 miles of LAX  more information on logistics coming soon.

T didn't you stay in a cool place when you went to get the 930?

Stayed at the Ace hotel in down town la. 

Hipster credential approved 

AFBD41E2-BC4C-47F9-B9A1-4670BD6C8D3C_zps

On 03/01/2018 at 2:42 PM, 3.2SSE said:

Just had a message back from Patrick Long #5 

Just re read this...WTF??

Yes Patrick Long replied also asked him if there could invitations to any pre-show porsche  activities he said many have been organised in the past around the weekend.

Most likely 2 at least from Brisbane going we too want to purchase a list of equipment suitable to hotrod porkers so we may leave a little earlier to do some shopping or serious looking and do the shopping after the show we assume a lot of suppliers could be there as well.

So this joint is down town would you recommend it and more importantly would you you be able to persuade MW to accept visitors to the shrine.

now this is one lefty to another brother

10 hours ago, turboT said:

Stayed at the Ace hotel in down town la. 

Hipster credential approved 

AFBD41E2-BC4C-47F9-B9A1-4670BD6C8D3C_zps

Just re read this...WTF??

3 hours ago, 3.2SSE said:

Yes Patrick Long replied also asked him if there could invitations to any pre-show porsche  activities he said many have been organised in the past around the weekend.

Most likely 2 at least from Brisbane going we too want to purchase a list of equipment suitable to hotrod porkers so we may leave a little earlier to do some shopping or serious looking and do the shopping after the show we assume a lot of suppliers could be there as well.

So this joint is down town would you recommend it and more importantly would you you be able to persuade MW to accept visitors to the shrine.

now this is one lefty to another brother

ACE I would recommend for sure. DEUS did a party the night before last year and I saw a few smaller gatherings.  

I need to confirm the car I am having fixed up will be ready for a test drive before I book tickets but if so will reach out to MW. No promises on bus tours though ?

46 minutes ago, turboT said:

ACE I would recommend for sure. DEUS did a party the night before last year and I saw a few smaller gatherings.  

I need to confirm the car I am having fixed up will be ready for a test drive before I book tickets but if so will reach out to MW. No promises on bus tours though ?

Tom, if we do this, what do you think chances are we could get a look at singer if we’re a smaller Aussie group? Might ask Grant if he can help, or I’ll contact Damon via insta.

4 hours ago, itsujack said:

Tom, if we do this, what do you think chances are we could get a look at singer if we’re a smaller Aussie group? Might ask Grant if he can help, or I’ll contact Damon via insta.

I have a few contacts in Singer  - trouble is last time I organised a visit for a PFAer he pulled out last minute which made me look a bit of a dick. Closer to the time I might reach out again 

15 hours ago, mph911 said:

I went to the 2nd and 4th Luft. This year's event will be smaller than last year. 

It's worth going if you have other things lined up in LA. otherwise it's a long way for an event that finishes around 2pm. 

Helpful advice..............maybe Rennsport in September is a better alternative?