luftgekuhlt anyone going?

turboT

2 hours ago, Russ said:

I've never been but from friends that have, totally

48 minutes ago, turboT said:

definitely.

Looks like a few of us will be there - meeting up there with an English dude who is VP of Opps at Singer. Promised us a Singer tour beforehand. 

My next challenge is to convince Magnus that he really should let us loose in his garage for a drive up the ACH the day afterwards...

Ha well you guys twisted my rubber arm.  I’ll just scrub my name from dad of the year nomination list and Porsche on

My paint has been delayed by several weeks of rain in LA !  

You know what is like trying to predict timelines on overseas project builds.....

I’m still interested in catching up if it lines up, what is the lastest version of your planned schedule?

Were you also planing to get to the big PCA/POC race meet on that weekend ?

2 hours ago, DHE11 said:

My paint has been delayed by several weeks of rain in LA !  

You know what is like trying to predict timelines on overseas project builds.....

I’m still interested in catching up if it lines up, what is the lastest version of your planned schedule?

Were you also planing to get to the big PCA/POC race meet on that weekend ?

currently (if half this shit comes off it will be a good trip)

Wed - check into ACE HOTAL with itsujack

Thurs - going to POLOMOTORS to hopefully see my running 912 200bph otlw build

Fri - Benton performance visit, Singer Visit, Emory Visit (fuck me) -  Peterson museum event that night

Sat - just started sounding out people on a drive up the ACH.  Already have a good few insta buddies signed up (Jad we might need something better than a Macan...) - Might go to PCA meeting depending on timing - Kevin Lynch pre luft party that night

Sun - luft - then fly home

I've just booked my tickets for the Sunday.

I already planned on doing Angeles crest on the Saturday with a buddy over there. He just picked up a DEA auctioned 2015 Corvette that that will be interesting to put through its paces, might need to "Turo" a Porsche though to keep it interesting.

Are the PFA guys that are going planning on meeting up at some stage. I don't believe I've met you guys (as most seem to be Sydney based) Let me know if there is an event that would be good to meet at. I'm unsure of what to do on the Friday night, but I looks like you've got a few options. Do you know if Deus are doing something? They also came recommended.

1 hour ago, turboT said:

currently (if half this shit comes off it will be a good trip)

Wed - check into ACE HOTAL with itsujack

Thurs - going to POLOMOTORS to hopefully see my running 912 200bph otlw build

Fri - Benton performance visit, Singer Visit, Emory Visit (fuck me) -  Peterson museum event that night

Sat - just started sounding out people on a drive up the ACH.  Already have a good few insta buddies signed up (Jad we might need something better than a Macan...) - Might go to PCA meeting depending on timing - Kevin Lynch pre luft party that night

Sun - luft - then fly home

Sounds good, I’ll know more early April depending on paint....

20 hours ago, KG said:

I've just booked my tickets for the Sunday.

I already planned on doing Angeles crest on the Saturday with a buddy over there. He just picked up a DEA auctioned 2015 Corvette that that will be interesting to put through its paces, might need to "Turo" a Porsche though to keep it interesting.

Are the PFA guys that are going planning on meeting up at some stage. I don't believe I've met you guys (as most seem to be Sydney based) Let me know if there is an event that would be good to meet at. I'm unsure of what to do on the Friday night, but I looks like you've got a few options. Do you know if Deus are doing something? They also came recommended.

Count me in if there is a planned meetup... otherwise I'll walk around the Peterson on Friday night 'are you an aussie?  are you an aussie?'

ACH sounds interesting to me, even if I get a rental hack

5 hours ago, Coastr said:

Count me in if there is a planned meetup... otherwise I'll walk around the Peterson on Friday night 'are you an aussie?  are you an aussie?'

ACH sounds interesting to me, even if I get a rental hack

Will be there at Peterson for sure. ACH in the planning  but thinking of organizing a meetup at the hotel we are staying at (ACE HOTEL) early Sat morning and driving out from there. Its in DTLA and from memory not too far from the start of the ACH. Will post when I have figured things out

The Peterson is sensational - awesome cars, awesome architecture, allow 2 to 3 hours minimum. If you are going to a social event it wont be easy to see the place, so go earlier or on an alternate day if you can. Also make sure you do the basement tour, its guided and pretty interesting. 

The gift shop is excellent - they have some really good automotive books. 

If you drive make sure you park at the Peterson, they have a big multi level lot and the area is a little shitty.

Hey everyone,

I've also booked my tickets for Luftgekühlt 5! I won't be flying till the Sat morning then out Sunday night. Quick stopover on the way to JFK. Look forward to seeing you all there. Really wish the Singer visit was the Saturday not the Friday... :-(

Scott

13 minutes ago, turboT said:

3 weeks ...

I'm thinking about hitting the Peterson Museum on the Friday afternoon. Then dinner and looking to fill the evening with another activity ? open to suggestions....

My Turo short list for the ACH on Saturday is down to:

997 Turbo (manual)

R8 V10+

991 GT3

Spoiled for choice really. Is anyone else looking to pick up a toy?

I'll have at least 1 spate seat for anyone interested.

Just now, KG said:

I'm thinking about hitting the Peterson Museum on the Friday afternoon. Then dinner and looking to fill the evening with another activity ? open to suggestions....

My Turo short list for the ACH on Saturday is down to:

997 Turbo (manual)

R8 V10+

991 GT3

Spoiled for choice really. Is anyone else looking to pick up a toy?

we are at Peterson that night - they have an event commemorating the 964 which is why we are going. Get the GT3 and join us for a drive  on Saturday. We have a Macan for 4 days, but might have to find something else for Sat

There is no age limit on having weapons in the USA. You can buy a gun at 18 but not a beer.  ‘It’s in the constitution, son’. (Simpsons reference for those who get it)

prettty sure you can carry in CA but much harder to get approval  than most other states.

/end threaddrift

anway the Peterson thing better have adult beverages - 964s are great and all, but looking at them for too many hours requires refreshmebt

You can get a concealed carry in California but its not as easy as other states - no open carry in California. Texas has open carry once you do a 2 hour course :ph34r:

Peterson has eateries - you also have Farmers market less than a mile from the museum and its surrounded by food stuff