luftgekuhlt anyone going?

turboT

1 hour ago, turboT said:

Benton just called - Patrick long was in picking up his 912!  Looks like I will likely be rolling into Luft early Sat morning with 6 of Bentons cars. This is going to be fun

F@#$er! Two blokes I'd love to have a beer with being John Benton and Pat Long. 

If you do go for a drive with Damon from Singer, my challenge to you is a pic with his model missus  😍

8 hours ago, Coastr said:

I got a notification about a pre-Luft event at the Petersen on Friday night.  $55 a ticket, has parking for air & water cooled cars avail.  Any one interested in that?  It’s catered and you get museum / vault access.

https://petersentickets.org/products/luft6kickoff

Considering going. I land on the Friday night around 6.15 and don't really know my way around. Got to check in to an air bnb then find my way there (Petersen) not sure what time that would be??

If you arrive at 6:15 you’re going to struggle to get outside the airport by 7:30.  Add an hour in Friday night traffic - I’d say after a long flight the hotel is your destination!

to be fair the Petersen isn’t that far from the airport but assuming you’ve got to check in and get back you could have some nasty traffic to navigate.

18 hours ago, Harsh said:

Considering going. I land on the Friday night around 6.15 and don't really know my way around. Got to check in to an air bnb then find my way there (Petersen) not sure what time that would be??

@Harsh where did u end up getting the Airbnb? if in West Hollywood only a $10 Uber, but as coastr points out the traffic could be a challenge from the airport is a good 50-70min plus being Friday🙄

On 21/04/2019 at 03:43, Coastr said:

If you arrive at 6:15 you’re going to struggle to get outside the airport by 7:30.  Add an hour in Friday night traffic - I’d say after a long flight the hotel is your destination!

to be fair the Petersen isn’t that far from the airport but assuming you’ve got to check in and get back you could have some nasty traffic to navigate.

I think you're right........I will be shagged after Perth to Sydney, Sydney LA........might just save it up for Luft and something else Saturday night!

10 minutes ago, Harsh said:

I think you're right........I will be shagged after Perth to Sydney, Sydney LA........might just save it up for Luft and something else Saturday night!

Meh...coupla Monster energy cans, a good feed and you'll be right mate 👍 Reckon Bentons preLuft gig would be a great place to be

1 hour ago, Harsh said:

Will see how the traffic goes.......I am sitting in Denpassar airport now waiting on a flight to Padang for an 8 day surf trip. Feeling pretty tired,need more than some red bull *wink *wink

Boat or land?

staying in some dodgy hotel in Anaheim on Friday so that I can make Benton + be there early in the morning to hook up with John and a few clients to roll into Luft Saturday. Saturday night ended up Down town again - at the NOMAD. Plan is to hit the ACH early Sunday morning and then head out to at some point Palm Springs . Essentially put 1000 kms on the 912 in a weekend and make sure it doesn't blow up/break down.

cant wait..