luftgekuhlt anyone going?

turboT

2 hours ago, Okrasa Kid said:

Helpful advice..............maybe Rennsport in September is a better alternative?

Rennsport is a good car show, mainly due to the numbers and quality of cars present.  Lots of vendor stands too  

However, don’t expect exciting racing.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

looking at flights tomorrow. So far the plan is

Wednesday - 18th

Hoping to fly into Miami and meet the guy I bought the Tangy 912 from.

Might try and go and see the Porsche dealership – Parkhaus1 when I am there

Thursday – 19th

Fly into LA -  hire a car and get out to somewhere in Temecula Cal  where my 912 POLO project is being built.

Friday – 20th

Trying to organise a few shop visits – Singer is top of the list

Peterson Museum has that event on in the evening

Magnus says he is up for a beer

Sat – 21st

No plans let, but I will need to get some work done

Pretty sure DEUS did a pre LUFT party last year?

Sun – 22nd

Luft – fly home that night

8 hours ago, turboT said:

ill be wearing my 'paddington_otlw' T-shirt - come say hi :ph34r:

Looks like I will be joined by itsujack (Jad)  - we are currently scouting suitable cars to bum around LA in

I decided to book the peterson museum gig on Friday night as well.

Was going to bid on a CA car today which would have timed nicely but the price flew past my range and kept on charging.  Uber for me I thinks.

Sounds like fun Tom, but I am going to cook a contest in Perth that weekend. I am interested to see your feedback post event, and whether you think its worth making the trip for solely! Rennsport is every 3 years so it could be a good "filler" event!  

15 hours ago, edgy said:

Sounds like fun Tom, but I am going to cook a contest in Perth that weekend. I am interested to see your feedback post event, and whether you think its worth making the trip for solely! Rennsport is every 3 years so it could be a good "filler" event!  

Got 4 days of Porsche fun packed fun mate. I’ve been able to curate my own event with Luft as the bonus package at the end. PCA also have a big race meet that weekend so will likely go check this out so I get to see some track stuff too. 

On 3/15/2018 at 2:13 PM, Coastr said:

I decided to book the peterson museum gig on Friday night as well.

Was going to bid on a CA car today which would have timed nicely but the price flew past my range and kept on charging.  Uber for me I thinks.

Have a look at Turo. Lots of interesting cars and way cheaper usually than regular rental cars. I had a Maserati for a week at the cost of a large sedan from Budget or similar.

2 hours ago, turboT said:

Got 4 days of Porsche fun packed fun mate. I’ve been able to curate my own event with Luft as the bonus package at the end. PCA also have a big race meet that weekend so will likely go check this out so I get to see some track stuff too. 

Might see you there...

I’m planning to be in LA late April to do final set up and test of my new car and getting out toi Willow on a Wednesday. So if the timing works out ill plan trip to overlap the POC/PCA race weekend and Luft.

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

Found out kid has made state finals on the Saturday.  Already booked to be in LA from fri-sun.  What to do, what to do... will the Friday night at the Peterson be worth it?

I've never been but from friends that have, totally

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

Found out kid has made state finals on the Saturday.  Already booked to be in LA from fri-sun.  What to do, what to do... will the Friday night at the Peterson be worth it?

definitely.

Looks like a few of us will be there - meeting up there with an English dude who is VP of Opps at Singer. Promised us a Singer tour beforehand. 

My next challenge is to convince Magnus that he really should let us loose in his garage for a drive up the ACH the day afterwards...

On 17/03/2018 at 7:50 PM, MFX said:

Now how good is that for a rental in California. Even if it is a replica (which it probably is) it is pretty reasonably priced as well.

Interesting

Any suggestions, Tips or Traps on using TURO rentals in USA ?????

58 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Interesting

Any suggestions, Tips or Traps on using TURO rentals in USA ?????

Super easy. I signed up and picked up a $200,000 car in under 25mins. Just keep an eye on allowed miles. Some charge for going over.n