luftgekuhlt anyone going?

turboT

Ah, found it. Petersen all sold out :(

I'll go to the standard exhibit during the day.

GT3 booked. I can swing past the ACE Hotel Saturday morning. What time are you guys thinking to head to ACH? Have you guys stepped up from the Macan?

Do we have a roll call of PFA members now coming along?

@turboT

@itsujack

@KG

@generalsmirnov

@Okrasa Kid

@Coastr

@3.2SSE

@DHE11

any more??

2 hours ago, KG said:

GT3 booked. I can swing past the ACE Hotel Saturday morning. What time are you guys thinking to head to ACH? Have you guys stepped up from the Macan?

@turboT

@itsujack

@KG

@generalsmirnov

@Okrasa Kid

@Coastr

@3.2SSE

@DHE11

any more??

Should be a great event, the scene over there is just so big. Hopefully you can capture a little piece of it in a bottle and bring it back so we can try and re-capture that vibe. 

4 hours ago, KG said:

@turboT

@itsujack

@KG

@generalsmirnov

@Okrasa Kid

@Coastr

@3.2SSE

@DHE11

any more??

I'm there...i was trying to see if I can get away with not picking up a car for the weekend.  Maybe I can nab a passenger seat if the ACH is being done.  Though...passengering is not really my favourite pastime.

I need to decide next week my actual dates but thinking:

Arrive Wed - go see my build/paint and drop off parts to Pro Motorsports / Burbank (no GT3 or 356 as I’ll need a SUV /large car to carry parts)

Thu - Peterson museum visit

Fri - tag along on Turbo T’s fantastic tour

Sat - PCA/POC Festival of Speed

Sun - Luft

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

I'm there...i was trying to see if I can get away with not picking up a car for the weekend.  Maybe I can nab a passenger seat if the ACH is being done.  Though...passengering is not really my favourite pastime.

8 hours ago, KG said:

@turboT

@itsujack

@KG

@generalsmirnov

@Okrasa Kid

@Coastr

@3.2SSE

@DHE11

any more??

So far Macan GTS booked by Itsujack so could have back seat availability... Recon we should head off early for an ACH drive so thinking 7.30am outside the ACE? Will post more if this changes. 

6 hours ago, hugh said:

Should be a great event, the scene over there is just so big. Hopefully you can capture a little piece of it in a bottle and bring it back so we can try and re-capture that vibe. 

just a bit excited mate. Got a young fella (insta - 'oli.coulthard' ) tagging along for a few days to take some snaps - hooked him up with a Duck & Whale gig as Dean isn't going. 

22 hours ago, KG said:

I'm looking at Peterson Museum Tickets for the Friday night. I don't seem to see any option for the evening event (Venue closes at 6pm) Did you guys buy tickets from another website? 

yep - were advertised at the same time the LUFT tickets were being sold

10 hours ago, DHE11 said:

I’m in.

Arrivimg Wed am, will will go see my car and plan to meet up Thursday.

PM me your contact details....

Flying this Sunday. I'll be right next to Temecula until Friday. If you guys are near there one evening, let me know. If not, DTLA from Friday to Sunday

On 04/04/2018 at 11:00 AM, KG said:

any more??

yep, I arrive in LA the day before. Staying with my brother-in-law in Santa Monica.

Will be visiting the Porsche experience centre at some point. They have some pretty special cars on display.

https://www.porschedriving.com/porsche-experience-center-los-angeles

On 04/04/2018 at 7:35 PM, turboT said:

Got a young fella (insta - 'oli.coulthard' ) tagging along for a few days to take some snaps - hooked him up with a Duck & Whale gig as Dean isn't going. 

Nice kid. Have talked to him at Kollector a few times.

On 13/04/2018 at 7:36 AM, JV911 said:

yep, I arrive in LA the day before. Staying with my brother-in-law in Santa Monica.

Will be visiting the Porsche experience centre at some point. They have some pretty special cars on display.

https://www.porschedriving.com/porsche-experience-center-los-angeles

Nice kid. Have talked to him at Kollector a few times.

@JV911

when are you thinking of going to Experience Centre. (have you already booked a few laps/tour, or just going for a look...)

Last time I was in LA it was booked solid, and same this time.. Wouldn’t mind looking around and visiting Porsche NA motorsport headquarters - all tours look full or not available for the entire week.

On 04/04/2018 at 10:30 AM, KG said:

@turboT

@itsujack

@KG

@generalsmirnov

@Okrasa Kid

@Coastr

@3.2SSE

@DHE11

any more??

@KG

I’m bringing my 18yro son with me so couldn’t do Friday night (21+)

Will commit most of Wed and Thu am to progressing my car.

Currently planning on doing Petersen Thu 19th mid morning with a 1230 vault tour.  Will aim to buy tickets today/tomorrow to lock that in before I leave.

Then join up with the Aussie contingent on Friday for the fantastic line up tT has arranged with Singer/Emory....

Sat PCA Festival of Speed and Swap meet @ Autoclub Speedway - Fontana

Sun - Luft

D

Everyone else,

what’s your plans Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat?

On 14/04/2018 at 11:47 AM, DHE11 said:

@JV911

when are you thinking of going to Experience Centre. (have you already booked a few laps/tour, or just going for a look...)

Last time I was in LA it was booked solid, and same this time.. Wouldn’t mind looking around and visiting Porsche NA motorsport headquarters - all tours look full or not available for the entire week.

No plans, was just going to play it by ear. I'd be happy just to visit to see what's on display, but if i can arrange some hot laps for the Mrs I will.

OK guys,

I've got meetings Friday day.

Planning on doing the Petersen Friday afternoon (Probably 3/4pm to 6pm) I don't have tickets for the evening event...but might try to charm my way in :ph34r:

Saturday morning is ACH run. Last plan was meeting at ACE hotel 7:30am? I "should" have a 911 Turo'd by then. I'll have a spare seat for anyone needing a ride. Also have a buddy joining in his Corvette with a spare seat :blink:

Remainder of Saturday TBC (Up for suggestions). Saturday night....well the really depends how old you guys are :D

Sunday Luft

My local cell is: 510 999 1051. shoot me a message if you're around.

Kale

19 hours ago, KG said:

OK guys,

I've got meetings Friday day.

Planning on doing the Petersen Friday afternoon (Probably 3/4pm to 6pm) I don't have tickets for the evening event...but might try to charm my way in :ph34r:

Saturday morning is ACH run. Last plan was meeting at ACE hotel 7:30am? I "should" have a 911 Turo'd by then. I'll have a spare seat for anyone needing a ride. Also have a buddy joining in his Corvette with a spare seat :blink:

Remainder of Saturday TBC (Up for suggestions). Saturday night....well the really depends how old you guys are :D

Sunday Luft

My local cell is: 510 999 1051. shoot me a message if you're around.

Kale

Someone selling a Peterson Friday night ticket in pelican thread http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/990696-luftgekuhlt-5-a-3.html#post10005123

2nd last post 

ill be there as long as flight gets in the air

Good day at Petersen. The vault tour is a must, overall took 4-5 hours to see it all.

Then went to see Jack Olsen in the afternoon. Good to catch up to have a look over his car while in LA as both of our early 911’s are engineered by Tyson Schmidt and share a lot of design principles / suspension DNA.