luftgekuhlt anyone going?

turboT

I'll be attending the Petersen this afternoon (couldn't get evening tickets) what times are people going tonight? It would be good to meet and make intoductions.

Picking up a 991 GTS this evening for some ACH playtime tomorrow.

Loving this weather! It's gonna be a great Porsche themed weekend.

4 hours ago, KG said:

I'll be attending the Petersen this afternoon (couldn't get evening tickets) what times are people going tonight? It would be good to meet and make intoductions.

Picking up a 991 GTS this evening for some ACH playtime tomorrow.

Loving this weather! It's gonna be a great Porsche themed weekend.

re ACH  -  desperately tried to get ourselves an aircooled car to drive, but left with the Macan and we are not totally sure of the 'driving experience' to be honest..

Met some  great guys last night who are having a meet at 7am at the THE VERVE CAFE in west Hollywood which is where we are going to be heading early Saturday morning. ACH is an hour drive from there if we decide to still go. It will be like a pre luft more intimate gathering. Recon it would be worth a visit if you want, but ACE meet is off

Very cool, looks you visited Period Correct too? 

I'm doing Petersen on Saturday during the day, with a 4:30pm vault tour. Then doing a Dodgers game that night.

I'll be wearing a green RS 2.7 t-shirt at Luft :-) I'm staying at the Marriott Torrance if anyone else is around.

I’m at Fontana for Fesitval of Speed tomorrow.

local cell 936-241-4310 (text messages seem to work best as usually too noisy for phones)

Luft on Sunday, with no colourfull Tshirt,  best I can offer is a black with white “flat six - aircooled”

As stated by others, The Petersen was fantastic. The Porsche exhibit was great and "The Vault" tour well worth the time.

Managed to get/sneak into the Luft launch event, check out more cars on display and enjoy some canapés.

Here are a few pics of the afternoon:

qgsaXiE.jpg

d3VQCz2.jpg

uLH7kJ1.jpg

TB4jQk9.jpg

oDFnhrM.jpg

ySV3vSv.jpg

Early exit from the Luft Launch party to go pick up my toy for the ACH run...

vuCMOG2.jpg

TpfdN5n.jpg

5 hours ago, turboT said:

Met some  great guys last night who are having a meet at 7am at the THE VERVE CAFE in west Hollywood which is where we are going to be heading early Saturday morning.

I'll come past at 7am. Meet you guys then.

ziEGHpq_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

petersen party at sunset

BUh5yfx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

brown metallic RUF with blue interior because RUF

9KYTt7Z_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

actual hero 928 from risky business- 5 Spd Manual, used for the car chase shots 

2QPTM2G_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Rob Dickinson’s car that spawned singer

CMN9Vpw_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

911r and general vaulty goodness 

hotrod in back runs 928 motor 

3 hours ago, KG said:

Morning, 

We popped into 2 Verves in West Hollywood. Currently on 3rd. St 7-8 rally inspired air cooleds here.

The canyons are calling, catch you guys tomorrow...

I hope you had fun. Bastards at a car rental place I had organised forgot to drop off the car and I couldn’t make it. Bummed. I was going to extend the trip out to a Palm Springs as well ?

LA was alive with Porsche activity this morning. Lots of great looking air cooled cars spotted around.

Made it to West Hollywood Verve Café (There were 2 of them?)

Bunch of guys had brought their rally inspired (and raced) 911s

zCxuaPM.jpg

FHUS15i.jpg

dMkJS8R.jpg

wKuTPnV.jpg

t03tAHE.jpg

From here, headed up to Angeles Crest Highway. Ran into the 911 Aircooled crew (YouTube Vloggers)

1hGztQU.jpg

dXDx0z3.jpg

MzOJlJv.jpg

Cool bunch of guys with some nice rides.

Took off from there and thoroughly enjoys finding the limits of the GTS. A very precise machine!

DiaCwkg.jpg

sYWDP0u.jpg

UagBDKU.jpg

Met up with the same guys throughout the day. Perfect weather and general atmosphere. Everyone out on this run was a complete enthusiast and lots of respect for all types and breed of vehicles.

Added bonus, I managed to balance out my driving arm tan due to driving on the opposite side.

w0QrDw9.jpg

XmTX7jr.jpg

BniyoYh.jpg

qxZjBrl.jpg

jmy1Lq1.jpg

A lot of guys (and girls) have made the trip from all states around the US with the cars. The main Luft event tomorrow is going to be alive....

So so it's going to be crazy there tomorrow - I thought we should plan some type of meet up and time - casual to say hello and can stick together or split up but at least meet and greet.

this is the only map I can find, so I thought maybe best idea is to meet where the food/social meets the selects area, facing the car entrance.  So on the map the point where the Orange and green rectangles meet and face the blue area.  Aim for 9:30 am there.  I'll have my blue Nurburgring shirt on.

also seeing what people are up to tonight - just talked to KG and looking to meet in west Hollywood tonight for a casual feed and drink, about 7:30.   You can text/call me on +1 two oh six two nine one three for eighty-eight 

luftgekuhlt5-show-parking-800x437.jpg

@turboT @itsujack @KG @generalsmirnov @Okrasa Kid @3.2SSE @DHE11 @JV911 @mph911

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

Just been at the California festival of speed- great scene with lots of interesting cars going flat out on the track

Hey Coastr,

Just got back to Hotel. I was at CFOS too with guys racing from my cars workshop and MCS. (If I knew you were there I would have tried to contact you)

See you guys at Luft tomorrow - I’m meeting some people earlier, catch up at 0930 as suggest should work out good.

My local cell is 936-241-4310

37 minutes ago, Coastr said:

looking to meet in west Hollywood tonight for a casual feed and drink, about 7:30

Heading down to Santa Monica to the following burger and  local craft beer dispensary:

http://ponoburger.com/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral

Aiming for 7:30pm.

Potential bar hop after this pending.

Let me know if you can make it.

Kale