luftgekuhlt anyone going?

turboT

1 hour ago, generalsmirnov said:

Belle of the ball? Hmmm...

The one I was most excited to see was this 72 RSR because it had inspired me from this 2013 YouTube video.

5SNYoasVMKJUt6oc80brMKtTr_neIXDdyylGQdjo

I think the 962CR was the most amazing car, never even knew it existed.

Favourite car was this one, but of course this is a very personal and subjective choice:

UoGUgNxTsyWtloS1mRhUMWOebVAAO13DiPmeFV39

no images

21 minutes ago, LeeM said:

That grey one and the 356 the guy built are just a bit over done in my opinion. Bet he's Mexican with all the engraving and blingy bits ?

Agreed, but definitely stood out. They probably pulled the biggest crowd from what I could see.

There was such an amazing level of quality to some of the cars. Towards the end of the day we were paying more attention to the details under the engine lid. A lot of awesome craftsmanship here, and in my opinion set these cars apart from others (steam punk grey cars a little too much though!) I was quickly educated on how vast and varied the options are (intakes, headers, coil on plug, ITB, etc). Now I need another car to play at this level!!!

The engraved cars drew a big crowd.  The engraving made you look but the interior quality was the real winner.  They were fresh and interesting even if not everyone’s cup of tea.  Always a crowd gathered around taking in the details.  A lot more people interested in them than the RWB car.

4 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Looks like a great trip guys - I was actually in San Fran and had been on the road too long otherwise I would have stopped in, wish I had now

@turboT does Magnus know you're slutting around with other LA Porsche scene notables? 

I would gladly go down on mr Emory. True gent

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

@turboT or anyone bought the Luft book?

Bought it last year 

• 3 weeks later...

The Luft shop just got the profile logo tee back in stock (it was gone by the time I got to the queue on the day):

https://shop.luftgekuhlt.com/collections/apparel/products/luft-profile-logo-tee

Is anyone else interested in buying anything from the Luft shop and sharing shipping costs? Or flying back from the US anytime soon? ?

• 1 month later...

I noticed that Luftbis heading to the UK with a small pop I later this month.

ive started the thought journey of going to 6 based on the inspiration from the guys that went to 5. 

On 5/17/2018 at 5:40 PM, generalsmirnov said:

The Luft shop just got the profile logo tee back in stock (it was gone by the time I got to the queue on the day):

https://shop.luftgekuhlt.com/collections/apparel/products/luft-profile-logo-tee

Is anyone else interested in buying anything from the Luft shop and sharing shipping costs? Or flying back from the US anytime soon? ?

Got mine delivered two weeks ago :)

• 7 months later...

@edgy also very tempted, I just started perusing flights and accomodation. For me having just been in LA a couple of weeks ago doing the vault tour etc, from a value perspective really only makes sense if there are other special car related options/events around it that could be done.

just noticed the Sunset GT C&C I did in west Hollywood on Sunset Strip is on the Sunday morning after luft. Some amazing cars there.

Exactly @edgy and toms insta post this morning got me going. I’m close to booking and have found a likely Airbnb in WeHo so the potential of a shop tour if anyone could organise would be the tipping point for me.

I was thinking about the polo as it must be close to it’s scheduled delivery @turboT

1 hour ago, Harsh said:

Due to fly back to work on the 10th May.........just trying to dodge a few days with my rota request now. But I am keen

Any accommodation tips?

Airbnb works well.  Book somewhere where you want to be at night rather than where the event is at.  It’s likely to be somewhere off the tourist map and will require driving, so you might as well stay somewhere to suit the non LGK events.