turboT

luftgekuhlt anyone going?

I notice someone mentioned WeHo ??? What are some other areas of interest that aren't going to blow the bank? If anyone has stayed regularly appreciate a heads up!

27 minutes ago, Harsh said:

I notice someone mentioned WeHo ??? What are some other areas of interest that aren't going to blow the bank? If anyone has stayed regularly appreciate a heads up!

Sorry WeHo is the LA colloquial for West Hollywood. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago as well as a few days in Santa Monica. For us specifically West Hollywood is our go to as it is funky and amazing bars and food which is our LA focus besides some shopping 🙄. It was a quick Uber (<$10) to most places around central LA we wanted to see. As I was also doing some car stuff hotel was a 15-20 minute walk to Peterson’s, 10 to Sunset GT c&c etc. We hired a car for 2 days and did drives to Palm Springs and Malibu back through the canyons above Bevery Hills etc. as @Coastr says have a look at what ur interested in seeing outside of luft and plant yourself there. Other popular LA areas are downtown (some guys stayed at the ACE last time, earlier in this thread) and the arts district (where MW hangs out). If I go I’ll Airbnb around West Hollywood again as the Sunset GT C&C is on the Sunday morning i expect it to be very busy post luft. If I go my 21 yo daughter may tag along so bars ,shopping, more bars, food and more shopping so location works for her.

some LA suggestions on this thread

I'm keen to do this again.

I'll most probably pick up a Porsche for the weekend and do some touring. The whole city fills up with Porsches this weekend, it a cool scene.

West Hollywood is def my choice for accommodation.

I'll confirm closer to the date, but those interested in a canyon run on one the mornings, you're welcome to join pending an available seat (Or bring your own car 😊)

3 hours ago, KG said:

(Or bring your own car 😊)

This is my plan!

14 minutes ago, Coastr said:

This is my plan!

Awesome!!

Maybe I should fly in to Seattle and come along shotgun 😉

Ha that would be cool.  Passenger seat might be taken yet, working on details.

Looking at Air BnB now WeHo kind of pricey......the first couple I looked at $900-1000 for 2 nights???? Does that sound right? Ad says $200 per night then there fees are more than the room!

For those more knowledgeable should I be looking for something in particular?

14 hours ago, KG said:

I'm keen to do this again.

I'll most probably pick up a Porsche for the weekend and do some touring. The whole city fills up with Porsches this weekend, it a cool scene.

West Hollywood is def my choice for accommodation.

I'll confirm closer to the date, but those interested in a canyon run on one the mornings, you're welcome to join pending an available seat (Or bring your own car 😊)

I am keen for anything that is planned...........

Yeah I think I paid $80 for a room in a house last time.  Depends on what you’re looking for I guess?  You will pay a cleaning fee on any booking, but apart from that shouldn’t be much else.

found an apartment in a 'gay friendly' area...........$338 for 2 nights,looks clean and comfortable enough. So flights booked,accommodation booked just need some tickets to the event now.