Dyno with motec & 5 litre experience?

Gavn

After a few weeks of running around in our newly acquired 928 I'm pretty sure it's running quite rich.  So it might be nice to find a good dyno/tuning option but the engine's on a motec...which I assume means we need somewhere with the capacity to work with it (m48 system).  Does anyone have any recommendations for workshops in the Sydney basin?  I'm not really looking to squeeze every last hp out of it (more is always nice but it's hardly lacking)...it's more a case of not having it so 'fumey' or even just determining whether it is running rich or whether that's just how they are....  It was extensively dyno'd some years back but that was in the context of production cup campaigning so my usage is a little different.

3 hours ago, ANF said:

Can't help you in any way there Gavin but keen to hear how you get on and see the results :)

Good luck!

Thanks mate - will be interesting to see the dyno sheet.  It's well rich at the moment.

50 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Thanks mate - will be interesting to see the dyno sheet.  It's well rich at the moment.

I had the opposite with mine, running way too lean, it was much better after fixed but of course used a heap more fuel....

What year is yours and is it running standard injectors?

28 minutes ago, ANF said:

I had the opposite with mine, running way too lean, it was much better after fixed but of course used a heap more fuel....

What year is yours and is it running standard injectors?

The chassis's a 78 but the block is a 5 litre m28/44 so quite a bit later.  Given the amount of work done on the engine I'd doubt the standard injectors are still there...but I'm certainly no 928 expert so lets see what the boys at prtech have to say (or a dig through the receipt folders might turn something up).

Now that makes me very curious.....

Looks like you only have one distributor, so the dual system has been done away with.....

It looks quite stock, even has a standard radiator. wonder why the cam belt covers are removed? Also looks to be minus an air filter?

checking out your FB page what light weight panels does it have, tailgate maybe?

Liking this, not many 928 racers in Aus :)

I think the radiator may be larger (it's got two quite large fans on the back that are manually controlled in the cabin.  The cam belt covers have been removed to allow ease of inspection (I'm getting mixed advice about the wisdom of this...been running for about 10 yrs like this with no problems/debris).  Could you post a pick of your engine bay for me - would be interesting to see a stock bay.

Radiator looks stock to me, even has the standard plastic end tanks, obviously this work though. I would be worried about something getting into that belt.... and with the mods to yours it would be an interference design now.....

Just checked - it's a Bergh 928 radiator...according to receipts.  Happy to be corrected if this is not accurate :)

And yes, the open belts is somewhat of a concern...but ten years of running like this without issues...so still thinking about that one.

1 minute ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Just checked - it's a Bergh 928 radiator...according to receipts.  Happy to be corrected if this is not accurate :)

And yes, the open belts is somewhat of a concern...but ten years of running like this without issues...so still thinking about that one.

Maybe a Behr? If so that would be the factory original one. I have 3 standard radiators here and they look very similar to yours. Yours may have a thicker core, hard to tell in the pics.

Archived