EOI: #HANGARBANGER POSTER

Kerry

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/01/2018 at 2:22 PM, TwoHeadsTas said:

I'm in thanks A2 probably better for me, + T shirt if in the mix.

Should we also get autographs of Kerry, John etc as organisers?????:rolleyes:

I've started a new thread for t-shirt orders - just fill out the form, size etc. 

Ok, received the quote today and will prepare artwork to go off later in week. Confirming that the size will be A2, they will be numbered editions, and limited to 50 units only. I’ll put up an item in the shop when all ducks are in a row and invite you all to purchase there... K

(31 ordered now by my count)

Postscript: For anyone with any knowledge of the printing process, or more in particular, the difference between RGB and CMYK colours representations..... in order to come anywhere near the colour of that fantastic car (viper green, kermit green, slime green - however you call it!), we've decided to go with a 5th colour, a spot colour which will be the green of the car, and the green of the "2018". Awaiting the requote but will be getting around to creating a 5th channel/plate over the weekend, and then hopefully off for printing next week!

Just about keeping you all in the loop... ;)

Kez

DAMN!  :blink:  Time for a GROUP DECISION here.......   <_<

My printer in Geelong is going out of his way to do a very good price for me however introducing the "special colour" (viper green) on top of the normal 4 colour process (in order to get the luminescent green we all know) has taken the per unit cost from around $10, to just over $27 per unit!

So, with the small economies' of scale - 50 units - we need to make a decision as to how much we want to pay for these posters, and how accurate we want the colour to be?

Here is what I'm talking about... the first (A) is what it looks like on screen in RGB (red/green/blue) - and what we're all used to seeing now,

the second (B) is how it will print in CMYK (4 colour printing - cyan/magenta/yellow/black)

Screenshot 2018-02-05 11.31.44.png

A great example of this is the posters that John got printed for the day... you can see that the green is much duller than the actual green of the car.

IMG_0112.JPG

So, as I'm passing these posters on to you guys at cost to me (plus postage)... I'm leaving the decision up to youz - do you want a cheaper, inaccurately coloured car for around $10, or do you want a vibrantly Viper Green poster for $27 that you'd frame and mount above your mantlepiece/bed/porsche altar?!?!

Personally, I think $27 for something that you might be looking at and fondly reminiscing over isn't a big deal, but as this was originally pitched to you by John as a cheap poster, I don't need to pay $1,364 for 50x units and find everyone backing out of them....

Strawpole:     A @$27   OR    B @$10

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kerry,

I might have missed the announcement, but just checing if the  are the posters in?

(I'm not on facebook or Instagram or myspace or linkedin or twitter or  messanger or snapchat :) )

Can pick up from John or anywhere in Geelong if theres some about.

Hi.

I won’t bore you all with the details behind the delay however the posters are being printed on Wednesday, and ready to be sent out by end of week.

I will put a item in the PFA store later today and list a link here to get you there, where you can nominate the delivery address and pay.

Did I mention it wouldn’t happen over night, but...

?

K

BTW: they look great and will be awesome framed!

(proofing)

CF0C3129-9C2F-4B21-8760-E9ED64D29E90.jpeg

Archived