Project 77 - new build

DHE11

Hi All,

After Lee assisted with the lighting quick sale of my previous car, i have sourced the engine, gearbox and chassis for the new build - so it’s now full steam ahead  (link below)

A little unconventional I know, but the first order of business was to lock in the colour - Karminrot POR009

Before I get hazed, Lee agreed to link the build thread (rather than try and run on two forums)

D

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/985164-project-77-new-build.html

522D1627-C0F3-4043-A8F9-27F17C7B8BB0.jpeg

2 hours ago, MFX said:

The colour is going to look great, and definitely stand out on the track

I liked the colour from the moment i saw it, especially with black wheel (good i have a few set of them)

bonus is that (like yours) it should be unique...

ill put up some updates and photos on PFA too. I might be technically ok on cars, but after also getting screwed over by photobucket I haven’t joined any other hosting service, so posting photos on forums from an iPad/iPhone sucks - happy to take any tips from you as the master of social media !

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Agree looking forward to seeing this project unfold 

me too!

9 hours ago, DHE11 said:

Hi All,

After Lee assisted with the lighting quick sale of my previous car

I still kick meself for not selling mine to buy it ?

The new one will be an awesome car knowing your attention to detail with the things that matter mate

17 minutes ago, MFX said:

You can post whatever you like on Facebook, and then just link to those pics. That is generally what I do now. Even if you just have a dummy account just for hosting. FB keeps them forever too ;)

Thanks, the “dummy” account sounds like the way to go.

i dont do FB personally, but its ok for my car to have one... :D

hows your engine going?

2 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Just read the start of the journey, so organised DHE, and from all indications  you'll make it come together as quickly as possible. That's a great choice of colour and if it looks anything like this it'll be a stunner, with purpose!

99804029_E66D_433E_BC4D_13157C8162051517026782.jpg

Yep, thats the colour.

Mine will be more of a 73RSR / meets 911R  style of body - and if it looks half as good as that IROC in rhe pic ill be happy!

1 minute ago, Troubleshooter said:

Sounds like you are incredibly focused, been getting any sleep? hahaha

Given its in the US, not much!

Lots of back and forth comms and planning.

Done one trip already, about to go again....

1 minute ago, Troubleshooter said:

Black wheels work a treat, and basically black seats as well?

Yep

And no interior, just painted!

Should say I’m enjoying this. Good progress and of course there is a part of me that laments my turning away from an IROC build. Great colour choice too. But if your build is complete before I choose a colour I will be forever shamed so slows the hell down would you?

Sorry to hear about your Dad too. Terrible outcome and to be there when it happened too....

Hi PC,

Was just having late lunch and saw your reply - glad your enjoying it.

Im about 1-2 weeks behind with my posts so you are going to hate my next round of updates!

Its progressing faster now with lots of parts arriving and the car is already at the body shop!

I was originally targeting Bathurst at Easter, but lost time over Xmas and timelines would have been too tight once i allowed for shipping and customs. I didn’t want to ship without set up and testing in the US, so I’m now looking at a test day at Willow Springs with Jack Olsen in March. Our cars have quite a few similarities in suspension theory etc as Tyson also designed and built his car (BB2).

Once back in Aus will aim to run at the PR test day at Wakefield on 4th May, before PCNSW sprint on the 5th.

So, you have a head start but only until end March id say when the cars finished and ready for shipping... so you will need to hurry up!

D

PS: my car wont have a an IROC style body, its a long hood and more 73RSR styling with a little bit of 911R.

3102E628-CB9B-4942-866C-5B20C943C684.jpeg

Sharing what will likely be the best looking (and most functional) components on the car.

These custom front struts and adjustable dampers with remote reservoirs were made by Motion Control Suspension (MCS)

MCS from the US (not to be confused with MCA) is the evolution of JRZ and Moton with guys who formed those two companies getting together to make some latest suspension tech, and while they do road/race products for all the newer cars,  its pretty cool that they are offering these sort of custom components made from scratch for our G series cars...

These are my new struts still in the box....

D

0D06CB80-5355-49A9-832E-BC51007DDC61.jpeg