Project 77 - new build

DHE11

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2018 at 7:58 AM, Pork Chops said:

Should say I’m enjoying this. Good progress and of course there is a part of me that laments my turning away from an IROC build. Great colour choice too. But if your build is complete before I choose a colour I will be forever shamed so slows the hell down would you?

Only fair to give you some notice @Pork Chops   , painting the body Karminrot was meant to start this week, but i have given you an extra week or two as  i have decided to paint the frunk and engine bay while I’m at it....

...so you have an extra two weeks to pick a colour. 

Glad i could help ;)

Welding up all the holes to make the firewall capable of doing its job!

E1CADE84-1906-4F80-9AAB-CCD227027843.jpeg

Just now, Pork Chops said:

I like you Lee, ‘cos you’re smart.

Unlike you for thinking this would fly....... :cool07:

12 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

^ the bad news is my car is actually finished and I’m just throwing the odd post out there to keep the masses entertained and in suspense. But good luck with finishing your project it looks like a rippa :P.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Coming along really well Darien. Just read the whole thread on Pelican. Should be quite a thing. And it seems that we have quite separately fitted the same rockers. I like your style ;) Mine is currently getting a birthday. Plan to be back at rally Adelaide. Hopefully see you then. 

Ooh a Hargett shifter! Good choice, yet just incase, I would have a spare selector rod (that the gear lever attaches to) made up, as they're very weak in the centre. I just had one made for mine that broke far too easily

Love the handbrake too. Are you planning on doing some drifting mate? ?

Would have loved a Hargett but they are currently unavailable. Went down the raised shift tunnel and rennshift option instead. Shifter position and static feel of the rennshift seems really good. Yet to actually drive it. Interested to hear what you think of the Hargett  

28 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Would have loved a Hargett but they are currently unavailable. Went down the raised shift tunnel and rennshift option instead. Shifter position and static feel of the rennshift seems really good. Yet to actually drive it. Interested to hear what you think of the Hargett  

I emailed Dean Hargett about getting a new shift rod made, and he told me they're not making them anymore. I was hoping to have my car back this or next week to fit my Hargett, yet that's been put off by a couple of weeks now. I have test fitted it, And the gearknob sits about 150mm or less from the steering wheel, And it also requires either taking all the slack out of the handbrake cables, redesigning it like Dariens above, or don't use the handbrake! 

I'm going to see if I can lengthen the handbrake lever somehow

22 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Coming along really well Darien. Just read the whole thread on Pelican. Should be quite a thing. And it seems that we have quite separately fitted the same rockers. I like your style ;) Mine is currently getting a birthday. Plan to be back at rally Adelaide. Hopefully see you then. 

Did you get the A.I.R. winged rockers as well... saw the hydro go in, then the raised rear suspension mounts!

Ill try and make time to for another look at your car at AMF. My car should be back by December, hopefully!!!

8 hours ago, Teutonic said:

That’s no good re product support. So you are left to get your own fabricated? 

Hydraulic handbrake is possibly an alternative if integrating the cable one is problematic. 

Unfortunately yes, zero parts back up. Cost me $270 to have a small rod made by an engineering shop as the original was too thin to weld. They have beefed it up a bit, yet weren't very complimentary about the original design. 

If anyone has a Hargett, I would check for cracks on the selector rod that attaches to the gear lever