Panamera Challenge

bear924

Does it feel like your life needs something more challenging in it. Why not rebuild a Panamera engine that someone has already started on:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2010-Porsche-Panamera-turbo/202206613101?hash=item2f14740e6d:g:fMYAAOSwy1NabSR7

If the engine failure was indeed caused by the failure of the oil pump, I don't want to know what will need to be replaced internally.

A 2010 Panamera turbo is still worth in excess of $100k, fix the current engine or source a second hand one from the states.

A chev engine transplant would most likely cost as much and how much do you need to spend of a chev to get turbo power??

Could be a cheap way into a Panamera turbo....

I was just joking about the LS swap...

If I had the money I'd try to source another engine or a wrecked car with a good engine and swap it in. I think a rebuild would be difficult unless you have direct connections to Porsche to get all the stuff you need for it.

You could have a good low mileage engine from the US and installed for about $15k or less. Without knowing what is actually wrong with it, he may have just got scared by what someone told him, it is hard to say what is involved to fix it? 

Doing it yourself you could easily have a very nice car for a lot less than they are worth :)

5 minutes ago, Timm said:

I was just joking about the LS swap...

It was one of the first things said to me when I was looking at options for my 928 engine rebuild :)

I like LS swaps for 4 banger cars where it is a valid upgrade...but I'd never swap out a good Porsche V8 for an LS.

I think the extent of the damage would depend on how long the guy kept driving it for after the oil pump failed. I assume some warning lights would have come up...but if they were ignored and the car was driven until the engine seized then the thing would be totally fucked on the inside...spun bearings, ruined crank, possibly bent rods, scored bores, scored cams and lifters etc

Archived