2018 Porsche 911 GT3 RS revealed

K911

The seat cushion looks like lizard skin to go with the lizard colour.  Bright and bold.  I personally would hesitate on the colour to own personally but still like it. 

So 20HP and a lighter bonnet gets you 1/10th second faster acceleration.. and extra 500rpm at the top gets you extra 3km/hr top speed ??  Not that they had to do anything to get them to sell, they are already sold out ( I checked mid last year and there was 15-20 already on the list locally).

Last NA... possible / probable.  Which would suggest to me, majority in any case will be garaged in a climate controlled cellar just in case it is.

How can they get extra power with the same engine and the same revs... short answer they can't. Bullshit article using guesswork. Would explain why drive took it down.

Ok, after further research there are changes to the engine, and drive broke the press embargo - whoops!

I actually like this green and i normally am not big on it.

I actually think this current gt3.2 is a keeper and the choice of the 991 GT range (including R) now.  Manual, potentially the last NA engine from them...  You also don't have to worry about the value loss if you take it out and drive / track like it was intended as the R and this RS will be for the investor types instead.

That green thing looks horrid.  Is Porsche taking style advice from PAC Performance these days......

give me a 991.2 GT3 in a subtle colour any day over that. RS has become a caricature of itself for posers.

5zq84eldhz0y93euwndu9.jpeg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

1974 Mazda RX-3 Deluxe S124A Auto
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mazda-RX-3-1974/SSE-AD-5201163

Last of the last of the last of the last of stuff they said , special special edition they said and then they produced another ...

Scarcity  .. the most basic of marketers tools , along with sex seduction 

Im totally amazed they didnt get Magnus to announce it  in a grid girl outfit.

I think the green will look fine , imagine it mixed with the gausian blur filter when it passes you on the track , highway or otherwise , the colour will be the last thing on your mind.

I can just imagine the write up when the first one hits car sales and the sea of tears and the pent up resentments and disillusionment of the pissed off 997 GT3 , R owners and more all crying into their cornflakes.

Anyway , if you ever see or hear of one going cheap let me know , I want one regardless of the colour , controversy or seat inserts... come on bit coin bounce back

The 

8 hours ago, symsy said:

Last of the last of the last of the last of stuff they said , special special edition they said and then they produced another ...

Scarcity  .. the most basic of marketers tools , along with sex seduction 

Im totally amazed they didnt get Magnus to announce it  in a grid girl outfit.

I think the green will look fine , imagine it mixed with the gausian blur filter when it passes you on the track , highway or otherwise , the colour will be the last thing on your mind.

I can just imagine the write up when the first one hits car sales and the sea of tears and the pent up resentments and disillusionment of the pissed off 997 GT3 , R owners and more all crying into their cornflakes.

Anyway , if you ever see or hear of one going cheap let me know , I want one regardless of the colour , controversy or seat inserts... come on bit coin bounce back

You should be able to steal a gen 1 RS now, they will be so cheap.... this new one is green and has extra 20HP . 

Bail on bitcoin, get on ripple...

On 06/02/2018 at 4:12 PM, Raven said:

A new GT3 is $350 k on road with no options ....This new shade of is green called lizard green ,,,I like it but not a fan of the seat inserts ...

007d1c49_6bb3_4618_a7fa_c45d73211585_b78

Sorry, but that looks more Ricer/Jap car culture than Porsche GT IMHO......

21 hours ago, Oldmxnut said:

I actually think this current gt3.2 is a keeper and the choice of the 991 GT range (including R) now.  Manual, potentially the last NA engine from them...  You also don't have to worry about the value loss if you take it out and drive / track like it was intended as the R and this RS will be for the investor types instead.

I drive mine as well ...

13 hours ago, DJM said:

That green thing looks horrid.  Is Porsche taking style advice from PAC Performance these days......

give me a 991.2 GT3 in a subtle colour any day over that. RS has become a caricature of itself for posers.

5zq84eldhz0y93euwndu9.jpeg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

1974 Mazda RX-3 Deluxe S124A Auto
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mazda-RX-3-1974/SSE-AD-5201163

Ouch ...

2 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Sorry, but that looks more Ricer/Jap car culture than Porsche GT IMHO......

I remember seeing the 991.1 GT3 RS with red center inserts in the early press releases ,,,,,most owners seemed to go with the black Alcantara inserts and deviated stitching eg red , silver ,,yellow ,,,,I would think this option is available on the new car also ....with the added green deviated stitching and green belts ..

Those inserts look like a cheap  desk chair for kids rooms 

On 2/7/2018 at 9:21 PM, Raven said:

I remember seeing the 991.1 GT3 RS with red center inserts in the early press releases ,,,,,most owners seemed to go with the black Alcantara inserts and deviated stitching eg red , silver ,,yellow ,,,,I would think this option is available on the new car also ....with the added green deviated stitching and green belts ..

Those inserts look like a cheap  desk chair for kids rooms 

It'll be the most sought after color combo in 2043.

Archived