2018 Carrera Cup

LeeM

Looking to be a big year in Australia for the Carrera Cup, with ex V8 dumpee James Moffat and a couple of other guys stepping up from GT3 Challenge cup. That's also going to be interesting to watch, as Wall Racing is fielding Chelsea Angelo this year. If you don't know her, you probably will soon, as that girl can drive! I'm a big fan of hers, as she has a never give up attitude, and I really hope she does well, and gets the backing she deserves. I reckon she'll be a regular in the top 5 to 10 for sure

41 minutes ago, Airhead said:

It's a hard school Lee so top 5 - 10 is a big ask in the first year.

Definitely competitive, so it will be tough. Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I reckon she can do it once she has got a handle on the car

18 hours ago, AB_981 said:

I really do hope she does well ... but top 5 ... odds?

Not great odds I imagine, but she is quick in nearly anything she drives. Her go in the supported car with Damian White (I think) in the Dunlop series, she was battling for 10th in the wet, got punted off and came back from 19th to 9th only to be punted again. She was invited to test an open wheeler in Malaysia in December and did very well not knowing the car or the track, so I reckon she'll do well in the GT3 Cup Challenge. 

My opinion, she should have been chosen over Renee Gracie to partner Simone Di Silvestro at Bathurst coupla years ago, yet money buys the good drives, and Chelsea has really struggled to get big dollar sponsors. Gracie can drive for sure, and she proved that in Carrera Cup in her second season there, yet has struggled with the V8, but Angelo is always quicker in a lesser car from what I've seen. I hope she is at least regularly in the top ten, as she has a good team with last year's championship winning car, so she has to prove she can do it now

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, reddahaydn said:

Well that race was a bit of a fizz. ... pretty much safety car till they ran out of time. 

I missed it. 

Every race this year bar yesterday has had bloody safety cars for half the race, then they've shortened the races by 2 or 3 laps. 

Archived