911 service options NSW South Coast

Guest DG996c4s

Guest DG996c4s

Just a new owner 996 C4s and would appreciate any recommendations for reputable Porsche service south of Sydney?

I'm located on the coast, approx half way to ACT & Sydney & due to other options, I'd prefer heading north to Sydney Region.

I found "City Central Auto Repairs" in Wollongong, however couldn't gather info/reviews regarding this business.

Appreciate some help, thanks.

Congratulations on the C4S - great Porsches.

We're based in Helensburgh and choose to go to Cavacos in Glebe.  I believe there is a company called the Pit Exchange around Hurstville/Peakhurst that has a good reputation.  We've also happily used EMD at Taren Point for our Cayenne and Boxster (987) - they seem to have a variety of modern and a few air cooled Porsches around.  I've not heard about anything South of Sydney...but if you find somewhere there will likely be others on the forum who are interested.  Everyone I've run into on the road around Wollongong/Southern Highlands travel to Sydney for servicing...

Interestingly today I was in Nowra & noticed a very nice red 930 turbo with personalised plates parked outside a local mechanics, it was parked in pride of place & I wouldn’t be surprised if it belonged to the owner. I was short of time but will call past in the next week & if it’s still there I will go in & enquire. 

Guest DG996c4s

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. Gavin I appreciate the references, I had both Cavacos & EMD in mind.

GC9911, that's an interesting comment, as a coincidence I was in Nowra yesterday with my 911 at a mates mechanical workshop!! I wanted to check out some underbody work and unfortunately he couldn't get the vehicle safely onto his lift....too sharp an angle!

As I'm not far from Nowra, any chance you know the address or close to where you saw the 930 turbo, I could check it out?

Thanks Dennis

Archived