Anyone got a 968 for sale and current values?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

A lot of kilometers and no photos...  Will it sell itself?

I think that one will be a quick seller lots of km's but not a bad price and history to back it up

4 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

CS or standard Marty?

Hi Cam standard but manual so I’m guessing pretty rare very high km’s 300,000 ish but had lots of receipts with it so sounded like it had been well looked after by same owner of last 19 years I believe.

I've just finished a weekend away with a number of other PFA members.  944 turbo, 993, Carrera GTS, 928, 944, 968CS and Boxsters (and possibly others I've forgotten).  I had a great time with my tiptronic gearbox.  It spent most of the time in manual mode, but on basic transports it was in auto (no gear changes or lots of traffic).  I was able to shift  smoothly/frequently/aggressively as needed to meet the speed and terrain, and it was never an issue.  Don't underrate the tiptronic gearbox.

• 2 weeks later...

A stunning example but thats a bucket load of $$,i know the km's are low but you are paying a mighty price for that.Good luck to the seller if they can achieve the price

While it looks nice its not really original, which are the ones that can bring the money. Some things that take away from the car for myself would be the seats, cage and wheels. The air box is no problem to refit if its still original. The carpet looks to be cut for the cage fitment. Don't get me wrong i would own that car but the seller is asking originality price for it. I wonder if its an original CS with rear seat delete and buckets? or the comfort version. Thats something i would have mentioned in the advert 

Regards

Sean

45 minutes ago, JLD said:

It's nearing GT3 pricing... 

When you look at it like that you've got to think its on a the pricey side,the blue 968 on CS started off at $72k now down to $57k that equally looks a great car ok its not a club sport but is it worth the difference?

2 minutes ago, MARTY said:

When you look at it like that you've got to think its on a the pricey side,the blue 968 on CS started off at $72k now down to $57k that equally looks a great car ok its not a club sport but is it worth the difference?

I think a car like that red 968CS would serve the same purpose as that white 996 GT3CS that's similarly priced. I know the GT3 has had issues, but if they've been fixed properly and the car checks out I would much rather the GT3 for the money. Even a 996TT would be worth looking at for the dollars

I think this may have been a 2+2 968CS as well, otherwise it would have come with a roll cage and the proper Recaro hard shell seats. Not that a 2+2 (known as a 968 Sport model in the UK) is a bad thing either....

My 2c worth is that this is very pricey, the last CS I know of sold for tens of thousands less, though it was higher kms. But if you bought this car to get in and drive then the kms will clearly add up and decrease the value... 

I have been following the 968 market for some years now and still think standard manual 968s are a sub $40k car, noting of course there aren't many of them around. I think this is why most of the auto 968s on Carsales have not shifted either at this price, nor the blue manual 968 at the reduced $57k mark.

Again, this is my opinion only and the market will always dictate sale price... :)

Cheers

Craig

29 minutes ago, crsedge said:

I think this may have been a 2+2 968CS as well, otherwise it would have come with a roll cage. Not that a 2+2 (known as a 968 Sport model in the UK) is a bad thing either....

My 2c worth is that this is very pricey, the last CS I know of sold for tens of thousands less, though it was higher kms. But if you bought this car to get in and drive then the kms will clearly add up and decrease the value... 

I have been following the 968 market for some years now and still think standard manual 968s are a sub $40k car, noting of course there aren't many of them around. I think this is why most of the auto 968s on Carsales have not shifted either at this price, nor the blue manual 968 at the reduced $57k mark.

Again, this is my opinion only and the market will always dictate sale price... :)

Cheers

Craig

Agree on your pricing summary

12 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

Craig, I have it from a good authority that no CS's were delivered with a roll cage.

I have also just sold my car ?

Hi Cam just reading your post just sold your club sport?? That looked like a super nice car.

Tingy since owning the car I had three people say to me that if I was ever selling, to let them know. A 911 popped up that I decided I needed to own but I needed to sell the CS to make it happen.

The first guy to respond  to an email I sent to all 3 interested parties bought it after a PPI.

Cheers

Archived