All things insurance

grantmr

22 minutes ago, Nu2Pcars said:

Continuing my Porsche Insurnace policy on the turbo for another year!!

What do people think about the porsche tyre n rim policy??

What about roadside assisst??

I think tyre and rim is a waste of money.  Never damaged a rim in my life.  If you have your car serviced by Porsche you get a year roadside assistance.  

• 3 years later...

I just bought a 2022 911 Turbo for c$500k.  Porsche insurance quoted me from Dawes and MB.  Quotes weren't too bad but not a good as from going to MB direct.  Matrix insurance group were more expensive than either of those.  Major insurers wouldn't touch due to value.

Also worth noting, MB happy to insure as long as car is on property (even drive way) during 11pm - 5am.  Dawes want it in a locked Garage.  Also found out that with MB if you have speeding points <30km/h that's ok but if you have 2 or more tickets >30km/h you're outside the limits of the underwriters and they won't insure.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, CarreraG50 said:

Prestige Car Insurance for your Special Vehicle - MB Insurance

Yep second (or 3d) MB Insurance, although haven't had to make a claim (yet), that's the true test I guess.

Just in  process of a claim after someone backed into the front of my 996.  Smooth going so far, albeit a little slow, but not sure if that was the bodyworks or MB.  Bodyworks is replacing guard, front bumper and headlight, so labour component is fairly low.  Assessor did a "desk review" and approved claim straight away, mainly due to the low labour component.  That seems to be their main area of potential concern perhaps?  

• 1 month later...
On 18/01/2024 at 08:55, itsujack said:

Just received renewal from Shannons, Spyder and 964 same agreed value but premiums up 21% (no claims no demerits), Macan same premium but value dropped by 20%, looks like I'll be shopping around again...

Same position here; just sent some quote requests through to MB, will be interesting to see what comes back as I believe the insurance rises are everywhere this year :( 

Mine is with Shannon's and it went up 8% (renewed in October).  Agreed value I'm happy with (for clarity same as 12 months ago as it went up by what'd be a rounding error), but its still 5 figures for the premium across 7 vehicles . 

I also don't drive a lot now <8k per year

Our Macan has same value as last year FYI

5 hours ago, Beau said:

Same position here; just sent some quote requests through to MB, will be interesting to see what comes back as I believe the insurance rises are everywhere this year :( 

Welp, spoiler alert - quotes from MB came in a few thousand more than Shannon’s.  Obviously everyone’s situation is different…

22 hours ago, Beau said:

Welp, spoiler alert - quotes from MB came in a few thousand more than Shannon’s.  Obviously everyone’s situation is different…

Yep me too! All MB quotes are significantly higher than Shannons. Maybe Shannons not too bad after all 🤪